Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Retromac2008

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2015

You have placed Imac 27 and Imac 24 alongside.
The Imac 27 is much nicer. It looks like the luxury model of the future.
But I think the new Imac 32 will be more beautiful

zachz

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2012
How on earth does a iMac screen end up looking like that, not a touch screen device lol ^^
Laziness. Kept moving it around my tiny desk using the screen, figured since it's gonna be packed up for its end of life I won't care too much. Although I probably should've cared a little to wipe it before posting pictures haha

noblesse

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2017
After a few days with my purple iMac I am happy to report I am super pleased with it! Coming off an early 2012 iMac it's like my whole life got an upgrade.

I can film and edit videos for my business directly on it without using an external mic and only natural light. Final Cut Pro works seamlessly and renders most of my videos in under a minute.

I haven't heard a peep out of it even when running Zoom meetings and having a bunch of other applications going.

The lavender front and grey bezels make you feel relaxed when you're working. I actually have a hard time leaving my office at the end of the day because I want to keep looking at it.

I sold my iMac a few months ago in anticipation of the new Macs and was doing most of my work on my iPad Pro, so my only complaint with this device is that there isn't FaceID. TouchID on a keyboard feels like regressed technology, but I can deal with that inconvenience for all the other amazing features.

mel823

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2012
NYC
After a few days with my purple iMac I am happy to report I am super pleased with it! Coming off an early 2012 iMac it's like my whole life got an upgrade.

I can film and edit videos for my business directly on it without using an external mic and only natural light. Final Cut Pro works seamlessly and renders most of my videos in under a minute.

I haven't heard a peep out of it even when running Zoom meetings and having a bunch of other applications going.

The lavender front and grey bezels make you feel relaxed when you're working. I actually have a hard time leaving my office at the end of the day because I want to keep looking at it.

I sold my iMac a few months ago in anticipation of the new Macs and was doing most of my work on my iPad Pro, so my only complaint with this device is that there isn't FaceID. TouchID on a keyboard feels like regressed technology, but I can deal with that inconvenience for all the other amazing features.

I know lavender is used to calm and relax, but never thought that would work with a desktop. Glad you’re enjoying purple iMac. I’m considering buying one for myself as a birthday gift. Most likely would give my current iMac to my parents.

mpetrides

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2007
How’s the sound quality with both homepods connected?
Alas, when I connect a pair of HomePod minis as a stereo pair, it causes significant interference with my WiFi. Connecting the stereo pair to my Mac, creates so much interference (measured at up to 75% by the tech at my ISP) that it brings my 500 Mbps download speed to its knees—drops the measured speed from 390 Mbps down by 100-140 Mbps. I had planned on using my HP Minis as speakers for the iMac but it does not look like that’s possible. ?☹️?

noblesse

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2017
I know lavender is used to calm and relax, but never thought that would work with a desktop. Glad you’re enjoying purple iMac. I’m considering buying one for myself as a birthday gift. Most likely would give my current iMac to my parents.
Do it! You won't regret it. I forgot to mention I'm coming from a 27-inch and I don't miss it at all!

armandxp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
Orlando, FL

taphil

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2007
Same reasons that have been mentioned by reviewers and owners:
- LCD viewing angles look a bit narrower
- IPS glow looks worse than 27"
- With max scaling, objects are larger than max scaling on 27" despite same PPI on both LCDs
- Since it's on my kitchen island, I get to see its thinness all the time compared to other setups where the iMac is sitting in front of a wall. The thinness is completely useless and aesthetically meh. I'd rather have a 3cm thick machine with integrated power supply and no chin
- the chin is kinda big
- Speakers really aren't any better or worse than 27," just better highs but worse bass, it's a wash. I think 27" gets louder without distortion compared to 24"
- Pricey

Reactions: Rashy and Realityck

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
I love that desk. I'm looking for something small like that. Even love the chair. If you know where to purchase, please send my way. My place is very small, and I'm having a hard time finding the right desk and chair. Looks awesome!
Thank you. Both are IKEA.
Im UK, but I’m sure they sell it wherever you are.
Desk: https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/lillasen-desk-bamboo-90278277/

Chair:

I got very lucky with these. I found the desk on the IKEA website and knew I wanted it and was all ready to go to the store the next day and buy it. The same evening I just happened to check FB Marketplace to see if there were any desks in my area. Someone was selling the exact desk and this chair together for £10 less than the desk on IKEA alone!

So I messaged and it was still available and I picked it up the next day! I’ll admit, I didn’t want the chair as I already had one and it isn’t super comfortable, but he was only selling as a pair and it saves me dragging the chair from my work desk across the room when I sit at my iMac!
Love a bargain! :D

nieks

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2016
The Netherlands
I didn’t want the chair as I already had one and it isn’t super comfortable,
I have to disagree, I own the exact same chair. I use it as my desk chair in combination with my dining table as my desk. It's just that bit higher compared to the dining chairs, which makes for a ergonomically better choice.

Oh and I love that it reclines a bit, for that relaxed mode. In my mostly light-colored interior the white and offwhite chair fits perfectly.

Last edited:

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
I have to disagree, I own the exact same chair. I use it as my desk chair in combination with my dining table as my desk. It's just that bit higher compared to the dining chairs, which makes for a ergonomically better choice.

Oh and I love that it reclines a bit, for that relaxed mode. In my mostly light-colored interior the white and offwhite chair fits perfectly.
You probably don’t have ankylosing spondylitis though. :).
Most mass produced chairs are not comfortable for me so I’m picky.

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
Same reasons that have been mentioned by reviewers and owners:
- LCD viewing angles look a bit narrower
- IPS glow looks worse than 27"
- With max scaling, objects are larger than max scaling on 27" despite same PPI on both LCDs
- Since it's on my kitchen island, I get to see its thinness all the time compared to other setups where the iMac is sitting in front of a wall. The thinness is completely useless and aesthetically meh. I'd rather have a 3cm thick machine with integrated power supply and no chin
- the chin is kinda big
- Speakers really aren't any better or worse than 27," just better highs but worse bass, it's a wash. I think 27" gets louder without distortion compared to 24"
- Pricey
I thought that the viewing angle and quality of the IPS display is the same as with the 27" iMac. Could you please explain where the difference is? This is very important to me and could be a reason for me not to get the new iMac.
Also, what do you mean with glow? Reflections? Is the display more reflective? I read that it is actually better than on the 27" iMac (with the glossy option).
Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.