Show off your iWebsites / .Mac Galleries

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by GuillaumeB, Aug 15, 2007.

1. GuillaumeB macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

I'm quite interested in seeing what other websites look like and i'd love to browse your public photos

My Website - My Gallery

Show me your stuff!

2. GuillaumeB thread starter macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

3. HungrySeacow macrumors regular

What did you do to get those page transitions?

My site is still being managed with iWeb 1, but with iWeb Enhancer it has a few various HTML extras. It is in my signature.

4. GuillaumeB thread starter macrumors 6502

GuillaumeB

Pagz transitions? hum not sure what you are talking about here

page transition usually means that there is an effect between two pages like fade... I surely was not aware that there are some on my website... at least i dont see those in Firefox

If you are thlnking about the previous/Next down menu then i have chosen a to create a weblog so it might be the reason

5. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Hi, did you make your little gray guy and the background in PS and then import (change it to fill)? Also I really like the non-iWeb feel so how much do you enjoy using iWeb Enhancer and is it a pain to use or not? Thanks for your input and keep up the good work on your site ;)

6. HungrySeacow macrumors regular

I made the YummySoup! icon with Lineform, a really great and cheap vector graphics app. Then I just exported it via JPG, or PNG and dragged the export into iWeb.

If you don't want to upgrade to iWeb 2.0, then I highly recommend iWeb Enhancer. It isn't as easy as the iWeb 2.0 implementation because you have to run a second program after, but they do the same thing. Apple clearly got the idea from it.

7. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Sounds good ^^ It's again a nice fresh looking site, good work!
    I've been creating my site in Flash 8 and just using screenshots of my cartoons/illustrations then placing them into iWeb. It can be a long and unfriendly method of putting Flash files up using a few different methods after publishing to the folder and before uploading. With that said I'm just starting to try and build my site in Flash 8 all together as I should learn it anyway for the future ;).

Have you tried or has anyone tried to place a Flash .swf file using the new iWeb and the code box method? If this worked I'd think about getting iLife '08 just for iWeb 2.0 as it's nice to just drag and drop in iWeb :D

8. artmonster macrumors newbie

my iweb

iWeb 2.0 completely destroyed my old site, and had to rebuild from the ground up. On the positive side, I think my new site looks and performs much better than the old.

http://www.mitchellillustration.com

9. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Nice! So are you using a new template from iWeb 2.0 for your site or is that a theme you bought else where? Looks nice as I love the leftside menu, I should really do this on mine with paint tubes as buttons (well, I'm really working on that as we speak) just hoping it looks good when I'm done ;)

I've seen a few 2.0 sites now and they are looking really nice but everyone is saying the same thing, it destroyed their old work. Best back it up!

With that said I do have an iWeb Automator Backup app that someone made for the old version 1.1.2 that could be changed for the new one if anyone needed. Just drop me a line and I'll email it or if someone wants to host it I'll send it to ya!

Attached Files:

10. artmonster macrumors newbie

ha ha! nice use of automator. I am not using any template for my iweb site. I just used the tools available in iWeb to build my own.

11. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Thanks, funny thing is I've had that on my HD for about 5-6mths now and I haven't used it until everyone had problems with 2.0 then I set it up out of fear that my skull might split if I lost everything :p
    After seeing your site and some others I just might load up my thumb drive and go visit the local Apple Store and see what I can do with the new iMac and iLife.
    Thanks again.