Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ron1990

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
I’m torn between the silver and the green ??‍♂️

On the one hand, the green color is very gentle and edgy - but could be boring after 2-3 months of using.
On the other hand, the silver color is very clean but a bit "milky/whitish" and feminine.

• Haha
Reactions: bpeeps

AppleHaterLover

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2018
I have a silver Pro Max. I like it a lot (just how I liked my old silver XR).

Don’t overthink this - the colors are not “gentle” or “feminine” (Jesus I thought we were over this in 2013) or “milkish” - they’re GREEN and WHITE. I prefer white.

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014

Don’t overthink this - the colors are not “gentle” or “feminine” (Jesus I thought we were over this in 2013) or “milkish” - they’re GREEN and WHITE. I prefer white.

Sexism... gotta love it.

I went with the silver because it’s closer to white and all of the previous shades of silver they offered bored me after awhile.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
Looks like 50% of people here took the Green. Don’t be like them, be better: chose wisely the white.

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom

I agree with this, it's green or white/silver, just pick one and stop over thinking the colour of the back of your phone.

kungxpao

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2014
Socal
I preordered the Midnight Green and regretted it almost instantly when I received it launch day. It looks like Space Gray in most lighting, and kinda dull.

Returned it for the Silver. The Pearl White back is gorgeous.

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
I’m torn between the silver and the green ??‍♂️

On the one hand, the green color is very gentle and edgy - but could be boring after 2-3 months of using.
On the other hand, the silver color is very clean but a bit "milky/whitish" and feminine.
I'm a dude and I've owned the Silver iteration of iPhones since the iPhone 6. I'm secure in my masculinity and I'm not fragile enough to care what anyone else thinks about the back of my phone. I suggest you grow up and then buy what you like.

JagRunner

Suspended
Oct 18, 2018
Houston,Texas
Unless you're rocking it caseless it doesn't really matter.....everyone has a case on them these days. I have a silver XS Max and you wouldn't be able to tell with my case on it. lol

Reactions: ROLLTIDE1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.