Show off your OTHER wearable device!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Crazy Matt, May 21, 2015.

1. Crazy Matt macrumors 6502

Crazy Matt

Please keep this to pics of your OTHER wearable devices.

Since some of this forum is getting a little redundant with post about size gate, scratch gate, shipping gate etc. I thought this would be something fresh.

Post a pic of you wearing your Other Wearable if you own one, and maybe a little bit about it. And if your still using it. I'll start.

While waiting [ impatiently ] for the roll out of the Apple Watch I started looking at other smart watches/trackers.

I settled on the Microsoft Band ($199). Albeit it was fairly new (released fall 2014) it had some promising features and a wealth of sensors that could make it real interesting down the road.

It seems to work pretty well as a fitness tracker and has some nice smartwatch features also, although some of them are limited when connected to a iPhone.

It will show me caller ID or contact name if it's stored in my phone, a few lines of incoming emails and text messages, notifications, weather, Facebook notifications, Twitter, UV exposure , heart rate and THE TIME! Lol along with other fitness related items.

Band is not real aesthetically pleasing however I don't think it looks that bad IMHO. Most people wear it with the screen on the inside of the wrist and that's how I like it. I do find it comfortable to wear after the first 24 hours of getting used to it. The battery last a solid 2 days being on constantly. You can have the time displayed all the time if you choose too, that cuts the battery down to 1 1/2 days.

Overall I'm am very pleased with the band. Now that I have the AW, I use the band for sleep tracking, which it does very well, whilst my AW is charging overnight. Sometimes I really miss wearing the band during the day for some odd reason, maybe because it is a kind of a cool piece of tech, but it doesn't compare to the expanded functionality of my Apple Watch.

Attached Files:

2. TC400 macrumors 6502a

TC400

I have a fit bit flex but it's not picture worthy lol! :rolleyes:

3. Crazy Matt thread starter macrumors 6502

Crazy Matt

Lol! I guess mine wasn't really either!! I was just bored. Kind of a stupid thread. But hey, thanks for responding anyway!

4. pcsguy88 macrumors newbie

$199 for stainless steel with rose gold trim and leather band? Unlimited high quality leather and canvas bands from Fossil for $15-$25 with quick release pins? Always on watch face and 60% battery at bedtime? Wearing a watch my significant other does not find dorky? Asus knocked it out of the park.

[​IMG]

5. Crazy Matt thread starter macrumors 6502

Crazy Matt

All the specs you mention sound good. But way to big for my liking.

6. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Does it do anything else?

7. TC400 macrumors 6502a

TC400

I saw the thread was empty kinda felt bad! I've been there! lol

8. Crazy Matt thread starter macrumors 6502

Crazy Matt

Thanks for your patronage!! Lol

9. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

I think you should narrow the definition of what you want to see posted.

You might get what you wished for and what has been seen cannot be unseen!
    :eek:

10. pcsguy88, May 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015

pcsguy88 macrumors newbie

I have really tiny wrists. As in one or two notches from the tightest setting on leather bands. This is the only smartwatch that I can wear so far since it is not tall and does not have a crown to jam into my hand when I bend my wrist. Much more comfy than my usual Fossil mechanicals.

[​IMG]
    ----------

It's running Android 1.1.1 as we speak. Only function it is missing is a wifi antenna, but I still cannot figure out a use for that function. If I am out somewhere that has wifi, then I'm going to have my phone in my pocket. If I go out jogging, I sync my bt headphones to the zenwatch and listen to the playlists I loaded on it. When I get home it syncs my steps to my phone. I guess if I had a bigger home wifi would come into play.

[​IMG]