Show tethering data usage in settings app?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by terraphantm, Aug 20, 2010.

1. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Does anyone know how to make it so that tethering data usage is shown seperately in the settings app like it is on phones with tethering enabled officially? It seems to be enabled in the plist, but it just won't show it. I remember I was able to see it on a my 3GS with 3.1.2 without doing anything beyond enabling tethering.

2. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

No such animal to my knowledge. Are you using mywi or another 3rd party app? I know on my 3GS I was able to just go to settings and enable the native tethering. I can't do this anymore with my iPhone 4. I don't see how you'll be able to separate the usage data without a cydia hack.

3. terraphantm thread starter macrumors 68040

I did the commcenter hack, so I'm using native tethering - I refuse to pay $20 for mywi

4. terraphantm thread starter macrumors 68040

I know how to check my overall data usage, but I just want to see how much of it is tethering, and how much is through the phone. It has to be possible, since it's doable in 3.1.x, but I'm not sure what to change

5. milerich macrumors regular

Wow dude. $20 one time is far better than $20 per month from AT&T.

Plus a mobile hot spot is far better than the native tethering app. I can tether my iPad, or share the connection with a friend or two.

6. terraphantm thread starter macrumors 68040

Eh, I usually only tether to my laptop, in which case I'd much rather use bluetooth or USB tethering for the sake of battery life. Bluetooth is also something MyWi4 doesn't allow, so that's one less reason for me to use it. Nearly all of my friends have smartphones already, so there's really no reason for me to share my connection with them.

+ if the free method is legal, why should I waste that $20? I could buy enough gasoline to get me through a couple days with that money.