Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PHILIP1193

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
Very Much meant as a follow on from this thread https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/558278/

and because i just got one and am still undecided what to stick into my "man bag", i though why not create a picture thread instead, we all like pics rights....

Anyway show us all you man bag and its contents, feel free to describe the whys and what fore of its contents... :p

I'll put mine up later

Phil

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I use it to carry my lunch every day

igloo.jpg

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Cabbit

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2006
Scotland
Sorry but what the heck is a man bag, arn't you happy with 20+ pockets per trowser leg and another 20+ on your shirt and jacket.

Unfair you got all them pockets you put your wallet into and i have to hold my woman wallet.

spaceboots06

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2009
The Rotten Apple
Sorry but what the heck is a man bag, arn't you happy with 20+ pockets per trowser leg and another 20+ on your shirt and jacket.

Unfair you got all them pockets you put your wallet into and i have to hold my woman wallet.

A man bag is technically a "purse" which is bigger than a typical purse, making it suitable for a man. People consider some backpacks or messenger bags to be man bags too.

erikistired

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2006
(770)

my man bag is my timbuk2 backpack, which is full of just about everything except a camera, but i'll try to get some pics for the thread with my phone in a bit.

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
My manbag is a Louis Vuitton Petit Messenger bag.

Inside I carry:

--Louis Vuitton Damier Graphite wallet
--Louis Vuitton Damier coin purse (Japan uses coins for 100 yen and 500 yen [$1 and $5] so we always have lots of coins)
--Burberry sweat rag to wipe my sweaty balls with
--Aspirin
--iPod nano 4th gen
--An extra pair of those little plastic collar stays for dress shirts (I travel every weekend and often forget them)
--iPhone 3G white
--Car key for my ballin' Daihatsu Mira Custom X

Yeah, I'm a tart

peskaa

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2008
London, UK
W2-Pantone%20Bags-047.jpg

Heres my bag. I'm looking to get a 13" macbook to put in it next.
lol

I have that one in green! Must admit though it is a pain to fit a 15" MBP in...I have to stand it on the end, and it sticks out the top. Grrr.

My normal bag is a Crumpler New Delhi 390, containing:
Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM + Hood
Canon EF 16-35 f/2.8L II USM + Hood
Canon OC-E3 Flash Cord
Canon Powershot SX200 IS (Red)
Sennheiser CX300 Headphones
iPod USB Cable
iPod USB Charger
Keys
Mini USB to USB Cable
AA Batteries
Loose change

img0055l.jpg

Obsidian6

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2006
Laguna Niguel, CA
It would depend on what the purpose is, but:

I have a Chrome messenger bag for when I'm out riding and I need to pick things up from the store, or I bring a book to read while getting coffee, or riding somewhere with a change of clothes, I also have my bike tools, and spare parts (tubes, tires, mini co2 pump), bike lock + cable and lights for night-time in the bag as well.

I have an incase messenger bag for carrying around my macbook pro. I usually have a g-drive 500GB, 1 or 2 photo magazines, my journal, several pens, and a pencil, ipod cables, headphones, sometimes my 160GB iPod classic, logitech wireless mouse, USB card reader, and sometimes my Leica D-Lux 4

If I'm out shooting (which is most every day) I carry my photo gear in a Domke F-2. I typically have my 5D2 and 3-4 lenses plus a flash in there (usually small fast primes) or sometimes I'll take the 40D and a 24-70 + 70-200, 85 f/1.8 and a flash if I'm shooting sports

On a typical day I will usually have both the laptop bag and camera bag with me or on me at the same time. I'll post some pictures soon :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.