Show us your dual screen setup

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by hjalte, Apr 14, 2015.

1. hjalte macrumors member

I am soon to buy a second monitor and I thought it would be fun to see you guys' setup with dual monitors.

Please, also write what kind of monitor(s) you have :)

2. tomnavratil macrumors 6502a

tomnavratil

Have a look at the Picture Gallery sub-forum, there is a thread with people posting their setups, including many with multi-monitor setup. :)

3. Pkupman57 macrumors regular

IMG_2909.JPG Old thread, I know... But, I came across it and wanted to show my set up. I only run a single 27" monitor in my office. But I run my 2014 mac mini with dual 20" Apple Cinema Displays in my garage. A bit overkill for a garage computer that really does nothing more than play music, and give me internet browsing and iMessages in the garage. (no programs installed other than out of the box. Tho i did recently upgrade it to High Sierra.)... its a mid level mini, with an i5 (forget the speed), 8gb of ram, and 1tb HDD. Running both monitors via two TB to DVI adapters. Works perfectly. (this isn't even a current pictures, but you get the idea.

4. h9826790 macrumors G4

h9826790

I use a single curved 49" 3840x1080 monitor rather than 2x 27" 1080P monitors. This monitor can accept 2x 1080P inputs at the same time and run at Side by Side mode if I want to. But I find that in general, keep it a single 3840x1080 is better than 2x 1080P. Because I can treat it like 3x 4:3 monitors, and I don't have to face directly to the gap.
    IMG_3111.jpg Ultrawide gaming.jpg
    CHG90 sample.jpg

5. unashamedgeek macrumors regular

unashamedgeek

I wish I had known I'd like this before my last monitor purchase. I went with a 43" LG monitor that can display 4 inputs. It is nice to have 4 different computers in one display, but you're right, everything is split down the center. I ended up using the monitor with just one input and then using software like NoMachine to connect to my other computers. I find it nicer to have those machines as windows where I can move them around and change their size. Another benefit of one monitor is it is easier to run cables as there will likely be less of them.

6. shareef777 macrumors 68020

shareef777

I've got a pair of LG 5K displays. I went for it as I was looking for the minimal cabling setup and a monitor with builtin FaceTime abilities as I keep my. MBP in clamshell mode when using external monitors. I've got my wired network going into the display and have an additional 5 USB-C ports via the displays for future growth (all hidden away). While the setup itself is great, I still regret buying them. Causes constant crashing issues with my 2016 MBP when plugging them in with my MBP lid closed.

Attached Files: