HomeKit Show us your homekit enabled lights!!!

x-evil-x

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Havent seen any posts about people setup with homekit devices and thought it would be an interesting thread of pics of different things people use homekit for. I'll start.
These are two lights I made with lifx led strips.
dont mind the food. 3 zones for each light with the strips.
Some hanging mirrors with hue strips behind and the rest of my place is all hue. Mostly strips or e26 and e12 bulbs.
I have a lot of different scenes with different colors setup. I mostly use whites for the main lights and a lot of the other lights are accent lighting. Not much direct lighting more diffused besides the track lights.

Attachments

MacintoshDan

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2013
Nice setup. I will include some pictures of what I got, but it is pretty basic. 2 LiFX color bulbs (one full size, one mini), an LED desk lamp on a WeMo switch, and a newly installed WeMo dimmer switch. The most important thing to me what broad compatibility, everything I have works with Alexia, Homekit, and Google Home.

Reactions: x-evil-x

x-evil-x

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Nice setup. I will include some pictures of what I got, but it is pretty basic. 2 LiFX color bulbs (one full size, one mini), an LED desk lamp on a WeMo switch, and a newly installed WeMo dimmer switch. The most important thing to me what broad compatibility, everything I have works with Alexia, Homekit, and Google Home.
only issue I have with lifx is I cant have multiple colors for homekit I always have to use the lifx app to change it. but the lifx strips are better than hues in some occasions because they are closer together. Wish lifx and homekit would work better for some things.

MistrSynistr

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2014
Havent seen any posts about people setup with homekit devices and thought it would be an interesting thread of pics of different things people use homekit for. I'll start.
These are two lights I made with lifx led strips.
dont mind the food. 3 zones for each light with the strips.
Some hanging mirrors with hue strips behind and the rest of my place is all hue. Mostly strips or e26 and e12 bulbs.
I have a lot of different scenes with different colors setup. I mostly use whites for the main lights and a lot of the other lights are accent lighting. Not much direct lighting more diffused besides the track lights.
Nice Bachelor Pad set up! Love the casing ideas with the lighting. I actually have a Dracula themed bar in my home, it looks like you're into some Vampiristic styles as well!

Reactions: x-evil-x

x-evil-x

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Nice Bachelor Pad set up! Love the casing ideas with the lighting. I actually have a Dracula themed bar in my home, it looks like you're into some Vampiristic styles as well!
yea I like Halloween style stuff year round. I have a mixture of different styles I got into. thank god I got rid of my brown couch. haha