Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
palpatine-dewit.gif

ejin222

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
I had a 12 pm pickup today but my work scheduled a last minute call at 12. Went in at 9:30 to see if I can do early pickup but this Apple store is by schedule only. The guy I was talking to would not go and get me my iPad Mini... Now, I have to wait another week to see if I have time to get it then.

Living vicariously through all of you~

Qu1ckset

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2013
Toronto, Canada
I had a 12 pm pickup today but my work scheduled a last minute call at 12. Went in at 9:30 to see if I can do early pickup but this Apple store is by schedule only. The guy I was talking to would not go and get me my iPad Mini... Now, I have to wait another week to see if I have time to get it then.

Living vicariously through all of you~
Weird , I had the same appointment time as you , walked in at 8:30am and got my iPad , was it super busy at the store you went to ?

ejin222

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
Weird , I had the same appointment time as you , walked in at 8:30am and got my iPad , was it super busy at the store you went to ?
No... The guy helping was insisting that they are adhering to strict COVID guidelines. I only have Fridays to be able to pick this up because of work, so I guess I'll be coming back next week and sharing my story..

Reactions: BillyiPad95

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
Anyone hoping for purple to be well, purple don’t hold your breath. It seems just like a combination between silver and space grey. I mean, it’s truly hard to see ANY shade of purple in it.

Maybe I got a silver one instead?

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
Anyone hoping for purple to be well, purple don’t hold your breath. It seems just like a combination between silver and space grey. I mean, it’s truly hard to see ANY shade of purple in it.

Got a pic?

tpfang56

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2021
It’s here! Arrived pretty much right on time (shout out to UPS). Purple 64gb + cellular. My case isn’t arriving until later tonight, unfortunately, but I’ll post a pic once I get it.

It really is the perfect size for me! My hand from the bottom of my palm to the tip of my middle finger is about 6.3in, so on the small side. Need to go set it up now.

Attachments

• E778DA72-705E-4FF3-A256-6573D349202B.jpeg
    E778DA72-705E-4FF3-A256-6573D349202B.jpeg
    376.1 KB · Views: 187
  • C2FAF7CA-65B3-4226-B189-93DAC5F80995.jpeg
    C2FAF7CA-65B3-4226-B189-93DAC5F80995.jpeg
    291.6 KB · Views: 185

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania

I took a look at them this morning in the Apple store.

I agree completely. It looks like there's a white, grey, grey-ish, and light pink. I'm really not impressed with the colors this year. I'm thinking the best bet for a fun color is to get the white one and some crazy bright neon blue or orange case to go with it.

Bonus that since it's white, I can gift it to one of my girls in a few years and they won't moan about how it's blue.

Qu1ckset

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2013
Toronto, Canada
It’s here! Arrived pretty much right on time (shout out to UPS). Purple 64gb + cellular. My case isn’t arriving until later tonight, unfortunately, but I’ll post a pic once I get it.

It really is the perfect size for me! My hand from the bottom of my palm to the tip of my middle finger is about 6.3in, so on the small side. Need to go set it up now.
Are you sure that’s purple ? I guess this is what @tivoboy was referring too , looks silver in the pic

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005

I posted some pics a bit later, certainly isn’t anything like the purple I expected.

Aka757

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2016
Houston
Damn, after seeing the disappointing purple I'm wondering if I should've gone with starlight instead. Still waiting on my shipment from UPS!

Reactions: calstanford

Qu1ckset

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Damn, after seeing the disappointing purple I'm wondering if I should've gone with starlight instead. Still waiting on my shipment from UPS!
The first apple store I went to this morning didn’t have space grey 256gb only the purple left, purples my fav colour but I had a bad feeling about how it looked In pics/videos so I didn’t even wait around to see it in person , flew to the next store that had space grey In stock, now seeing these pics Im happy I didn’t settle!

Reactions: BillyiPad95

tpfang56

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2021
Are you sure that’s purple ? I guess this is what @tivoboy was referring too , looks silver in the pic
It’s definitely subtle but it seems better than the pink. I wish it slightly more vibrant like the stand part of the purple imac, but I’m not too upset about it considering it’ll be a little easier to match with cases.

I posted some pics a bit later, certainly isn’t anything like the purple I expected.
the lighting in my room doesn’t do it any favors either

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I’m on the fence about buying one but was keen on purple. Picked my 13 pro max up this morning and looked at the mini and was so disappointed in the colours. I’m deffo in the starlight camp now as purple is so meh. Starlight reminds me of the champagne gold of the iPhone 5.

Reactions: Yr Blues
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.