Show us your small bedroom setups!

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by AdamInNi, Jun 25, 2013.

1. AdamInNi macrumors member

Hey guys, my family and I are moving house and this time, my sister is getting the bigger room (I have had the bigger room and she has had the smaller room since birth, it's my first house move)

When I say the room will be small, I mean it will be REALLY small: 9' 3" x 6' 7" (2.82m x 2.01m)

So I want to see what other people manage to do with their setups in small rooms :)

Sorry if posting this is against the rules for whatever reason or in the wrong section. I'm a new poster here :)

Cheers! :apple:

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Although not a dorm, I would search for the photos thread showing dorm room setups. It sounds like you have something that size. There may be a site where you can see the setups of prison cells, but that isn't here, yet.

3. AdamInNi thread starter macrumors member

Hahaha! It will probably feel like a bit of a prison cell at first.. A pink, princess prison cell -.- Redecoration will be the first thing I do in it, probably before sleeping! lol

4. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

I grew up in a very small room. I had a bed with a desk and wardrobe underneath to save space. Do they still sell that sort of thing?

5. AdamInNi thread starter macrumors member

A bunk bed sort of thing with a desk and wardrobe underneath? I can't see why not... Will have a look :) Thanks!

6. LotusLord macrumors 6502

LotusLord

The Capital of the Land of Cheese and Beer
    How tall is the room? Could you loft the bed like a dorm room?

7. AdamInNi thread starter macrumors member

Not 100% sure actually... I know the roof is sloped but cant remember if there is a flat bit long enough for a loft bed thingy... We are going to view again next week so I will take note then :)

8. Acorn, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2013

Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

9. Destroysall macrumors 65816

Destroysall

Try Apartment Therapy. They have a 'Small Spaces' section along with a whole lot of ideas. Really a great website.

www.apartmenttherapy.com

10. AdamInNi thread starter macrumors member

11. NbinHD macrumors 6502

As the one of the first responses said, try getting a bed frame that has a semi wardrobe under the bed, a website i frequently visit, Ikeahackers.com is full of space saving ideas. If your intrested in saving space with a wardrobe, try something like this and customize to the size of your bed. Here: http://www.ikeahackers.net/2012/04/expedit-bed-frame.html

12. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

Great website!