Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThemacNub

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 26, 2010
Australia
Hey all. I need a new wallet and want to know what you guys use.
Could you also add the make and model too
Yeah, thats it :D

rkmac

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
JAFA, New Zealand
I have a Mighty Wallet from Dynomighty Design. Its pretty durable for $15, and for the white one, you can draw on it yourself.
I bought it on 14 October 2009, so nearly a year ago, and it's still in one piece. Always gets people talking as well :p

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 428
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 519
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 453

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
I've got 3 Dynomighty Design wallets. The envelope, the New York map, and the lined sheet of paper one. The lined sheet hasn't been used it, but the envelope and New York map have been broken in pretty nicely.

Until I get a proper career where I need to look presentable, I'll keep using them.

rkmac

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
JAFA, New Zealand
Until I get a proper career where I need to look presentable, I'll keep using them.

My thoughts exactly. I'm just a university student, nobody cares hoe presentable I am. Gonna upgrade to some sort of Paul Smith wallet when I need something nice eventually.

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
My thoughts exactly. I'm just a university student, nobody cares hoe presentable I am. Gonna upgrade to some sort of Paul Smith wallet when I need something nice eventually.

Well, when I go out with the girlfriend on nights that ironically hurt my wallet more, I'll usually use a black leather Buxton wallet. Nothing special, but better than a New York subway map.

But yeah, regular usage of a normal wallet only comes once I get my practice going. :)

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
wallet

LV CARDHOLDER
graphite
awesome
unless you need cash

Attachments

• web.jpg
    web.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 839

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Simple CK wallet. Needs to be replaced though as you can see, it's starting to rip after 5 years of sitting on it. No clue what to get next...never really put much thought into wallets.

Attachments

• image-1.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    866.9 KB · Views: 494
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    858.7 KB · Views: 493

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
After seeing people buying designer wallets, I'd also ask that people post what they paid. IMNSHO, anything over $20 is ridiculous.

sauced

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2010
O Canada...
Vegan leather? So it's not animal skin? What is it made of then? :confused:

Vegan leathers include:
  • Vegetan: This is a microfibre material that is specifically designed and used as an animal-friendly leather substitute.
  • Lorica: This material is made out of several different microfibers. Sidi, an Italian motorcycle company uses it a lot.
  • Birko-Flor: This is what eco-icon Birkenstock uses. It’s made out of acrylic and polyamide felt fibres. There are two kinds — the kind you find on normal Birks and a kind that looks like pleather.
  • Birkibuc: Another Birkenstock baby. It’s made out of the same stuff, but looks and feels like nubuck leather.
  • PVC: Finally, a term you should be familiar with! Good for animals. Not so good for environment.
  • Kydex: This is an acrylic-PVC alloy. It’s produce by Kleerdex, a manufacturing company.

From http://thegloss.com/fashion/what-is-vegan-leather-anyway/

I'm not vegan or anti-leather though, I just really like Matt & Nat's designs & products (I have about 8 of their purses lol)

Shadow Runner

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
I use a red big skinny wallet
I like it. I don't carry much but even if I did it still stays thin.

Here is a link to their site.

snowblader13

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
I've been using the Maxpedition Spartan Wallet in Foliage Green since January This Year, and I love it. Lots of room and very rugged. Link HERE.

0229f_2239_general.jpg

jlyanks85

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2008
21a8a059.jpg

All my money and credit cards are currently in the gucci currently. The coach one is brand new.

Girlfriend bought them for me for Christmas (one last year, the other a couple years ago)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.