Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
zap, what is the model of your TV? i'm asking b/c it doesn't look like a hidef tv right?

if that's the case, i know my sony has component which is how it's connected to the tv and then connected to the stereo.

oh my lord. if that's the case, i foresee an 'accidental' buy incident when i go to purchase my mac pro in a few weeks (assuming new ones are coming). the wife might not notice the slippage ;)

Cheers,
keebler

its SDTV, with component...working in 480i, 4:3 mode...works perfect!

sycho

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2006
there are pictures earlier in the thread...or do you want more?

yes
Ok, that is weird, one picture looks formatted for 4:3, while the other looks like it's anamorphic 16:9...

Could you do us a favor?:eek:

Take a picture with your set and apple TV displaying these two pictures:

http://www.tigerdave.com/images/testpatterns/640x480_overscan.gif

http://www.tigerdave.com/images/testpatterns/856x480_overscan.gif

If it supports 4:3 properly, then the first will fill the screen and the second will be letter boxed. If it does not support 4:3 then the first should have side bars and be oval, and the second will fill the screen and be oval.

If they both fill the screen, well, then Apple has many issues to work out.

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
Here is mine... The timing was perfect. My tivo didn't tape Grey's Anatomy on Thursday. So, I ran off to itunes and purchased the last episode and it went off without a hitch! Yeah!

Attachments

• appletv.jpg
    appletv.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 285

21stcenturykid

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2006
Newcastle UK
Esco is that a 19" LE model samsung in the first picture? If it is i'm very tempted to get one for my room next year...well im going to regardless haha!

Nice set up though! Where did you get the money for both screens a 360, wii, ps3 and :apple:TV?

(p.s your TV isn't exactly centered like the wii sensor bar and speakers seem to be;) )

hoop

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2007
Bath, yookay.
Whoa! Aren't you afraid of getting ripped off?

This is what we had in our college apartment:

13" Hitachi Color TV
Technics Receiver
GE VHS VCR
NEC Beta Hi-Fi
Technics Tape Deck

This was 1985-1987 though....

I actually have a picture somewhere...

Get it on here then! I love old pictures of av setups!

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
What is this world coming to when collage students can afford :apple: tv's?!

Yeah, I know what you mean! Well, some people get scholarships, or have money coming in, or go to less expensive schools. Good for them, I suppose.

We had a 13" TV/VCR combo and dammit, that was good enough for us! You kids with your fancy-pants technologies! Get a job!

Ino

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2005
Here's one more! Apologies for the blurry image...

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 145

és:

macrumors 6502a
Yeah, I know what you mean! Well, some people get scholarships, or have money coming in, or go to less expensive schools. Good for them, I suppose.

We had a 13" TV/VCR combo and dammit, that was good enough for us! You kids with your fancy-pants technologies! Get a job!

Assuming they haven't already, to pay for their goodies.

Personally I don't think people that are studying for 'the greater good' and to further their country and profession should have to work as well as study (which is a full time job in itself). We should be encouraging our young genii, not working them to the bone and giving them unmanageable workloads.

blakespot

Administrator
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
blakespot's setup...

Here's mine (click to zoom)...

Full gallery can be seen here:

http://pix.blakespot.com/view/computers/appletv/?g2_highlightId=9178

Have it, along with my XBOX 360 and Shuttle media PC (3.2GHz P4 running XP and Meedio) wired into a LinkSys Gigabit Ethernet router (not using Wi-Fi for the AppleTV, wired's faster) and have the AppleTV and my media PC sharing one of my TV's HDMI inputs by way of an Octava 4-way HDMI/TOSLINK digital switch. All programmed into my MX-700 for one-button switching of the lot.

Good times. :)

blakespot

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.