Show your iTunes U Appreciation!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by coupdetat, Jan 14, 2009.

1. coupdetat macrumors 6502

I did a search and was surprised there wasn't much mention of iTunes U on this forum! I'm studying for my MCATs right now and I've found iTunes U to be an INCREDIBLE study resource. Cellular Respiration is something I've never really bothered to understand, and there is absolutely tons of resources on this topic. What I've been doing is listening to the basic lectures first, dealing with the overview of each step (glycolysis, CoA, TCA) and then listening to detailed lectures of each step from higher level classes. I'm sure I'll be looking for lectures on the nephron when I get to that topic, too.

This strategy has really helped me in the past, from materials science classes to brushing up before summer research on unfamiliar topics. Where getting books from the library can be somewhat hit-or-miss (and always dull), the lecturers on iTunes tend to break things down easily since they are probably the more tech-savvy and personable professors.

Another advantage is that since different classes will have varying levels of overlap, spending an extra hour listening to some different professors can give you a much broader understanding of material.

Also, I really like the LSE Public Lecture series. They've had some awesome guests speak like Fareed Zakaria, Thomas Friedman (he sounds like an idiot, btw), etc. which are nice for my long drives to work.

I think it's one of the coolest resources college kids have, yet I don't know many people who use it. I keep trying to get my girlfriend to use it since she's having trouble with her PCATs, and she keeps dragging her feet. :mad::mad:

Anyways... how many students on here have found iTunes U to be helpful?

2. coupdetat thread starter macrumors 6502

Phew :p I guess my friends aren't the only ones who don't use iTunes U!

3. burningbright macrumors regular

I think it's an amazing resource! I've been listening to Bert Dreyfus on Heidegger. Fascinating stuff, but it's making my poor brain overheat. I think I need a cranial head sink or something. :confused: