Show your love for Mac rumors

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by rickboy, May 27, 2008.

1. rickboy macrumors newbie

Anyway Im just creating this thread to show my love for the site. I recently posted a thread which should be closed, about me being tired of hearing about iPHONE news. I got bombed, trolled, flamed, criticized and i almost ended up impaled beheaded and burnt on a stake. And yup lots a fan boys who live and swear by apples name and logo. I love apple I love Mac rumors and if i dont like something ill voice it. Maybe its just me but after i put that thread on Ive been seeing lots a variety on the articles. And thats why I love this site so much. So yeah my last thread was about something i didnt like but i really like the way things are now. And sure i may see 5 articles of just the iPHONE come up straight but I get a string of alot of other stuff as well. Although im interested mostly in laptops and mobile computing, ive been seeing stuff on other things as well. Lately the variety of the articles is well balanced. So thats really all i wanna say. Mac rumors is THEEEE place on the net for Mac news.

2. mithrilfox macrumors regular

mithrilfox

Hi Rickboy!

I have no problem expressing my dislike for any Apple products that I just don't like. I don't like the Mac Mini much, and I think the Mac Pro looks pretty bland and boring.

I don't particularly love the iPhone, but never used one extensively. I live in Japan, and it isn't available here, so that's that...

If you don't like how the iPhone is taking all the limelight right now, that's cool. I understand... It has nothing to do with me, so I really don't care. But I enjoy seeing Apple get more popular, as long as they remain focused on the user.

Which is why I am not a fan of how iTunes is becoming an empire of content locked into that particular iTunes on that particular machine. Sure, there are ways to share that content, but it often revolves around using Apple devices or the methods Apple has approved ahead of time.

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

You are running head long into a rather small tunnel dude, when you step on the fanboys.

[​IMG]

4. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

MacRumors is a nice site indeed. I must agree though, there have been some changes with the introduction of the iPhone.

5. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

The iphone craze will soon die down. It will also be replaced by something else. Maybe something new or just a old friend, like the a new imac or mac pro.

The reason the iphone gets so much activity is because it reaches out and touches all tech users. Not just apple computer users.

The iphone would not be nearly as successful if it were of interest to only mac users. Yes allot of these people who are here for the iphone, might not use a mac at home. But if they are here, maybe they might gain some interest in apple's other products. hopefully, right?

I'm very pleased with apple's success, with their gamble on the iphone.
    I also like to see macrumors as active as possible.

6. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

What iPhone? You mean the pocketMac that is my iPod and makes phone calls too?

Having used Apple products since only recently (like 1977), I always get a kick out of the "what are they thinking!" commentary. It's an evolving market, and an evolving company.

Hey, IBM used to make typewriters. Wait another thirty years and listen to the griping about the iFlyingCar, wishing for the simpler times of iToasters, iBots, and iMates (of course, by then Macs, iPhones, and iPods will only be found in the Smithsonian)

And just in case there are any doubts about the direction & future of our favorite fruit company, for some perspective there's always this to amuse yourself with!

7. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

In your Forum User CP (control panel), Edit Options, you can set preferences of which subforums you do not want to see when you hit "New Posts". All you have to do is to look up the subforum numbers, and enter them into your list separated by commas. Voila - no more iPhone - or Politics, or Games, or whatever you don't want to see.

8. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Consider them kind.

You weren't drawn and quartered, or keel-hauled, were you.

Not a fan of iPhone either, but not because of the product, because of the manner of locking it to one service provider.

Not very Christian of Ol' Apple.

(I know, I know, a bottom-line decision, and I don't give a fig.)

9. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

They would love to have a go at me. Not only do I not like the iPhone, I generally hate ALL cell phones. Yes, I do have one, given me by my job. And if it was not for work, I would trash it in a heart beat. ;)

Life, was much better before cell phones and even before car phones

10. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

You should consider yourself lucky.

I had to carry a pager, at a WHOPPING $50 a month bonus, to support a cheque clearing operation for a bank.

Nothing like been beeped at 2 A.M, and have to drive into town.

Ugh.

11. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

A reminder that any posts which include personal insults should be reported using this: [​IMG] button to the left of every post. Rudeness, offensive sarcasm, personal attacks, and flaming are also explicitly against forum rules, and are not tolerated.

As for the balance between iPhone threads and threads on other topics, it comes and goes depending on the current rumors. At this time of year right before an iPhone update the percentage of iPhone related threads increases and will likely skyrocket right after its release, but should start to decrease shortly thereafter. The same could be said about any Apple product.

12. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

13. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

I'm positive it's been said before, but it has been the same thing since the ipod, always something new to talk about that usually takes the spotlight. But back in the day we got a lot more dirt too. Now that Nick De'Plume is spending a huge cash settlement, we don't here much other than iPhone speculation, development seeds, and the occasional random third-party software news.

But hell it's WWDC soon- that should bring all kinds of excitement!

live the ilife:apple:

14. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yes it is...

And the iPhone is a POS. Sorry fanboys, if you think the iPhone is innovative, I feel bad for all those years of Verizon you've been using.

15. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Still don't understand the hate. If you don't like it, even if you've never actually used one, I guess I can see complaining that maybe you would use one if it's missing something or if have legitimate complaints or something. But calling it a POS? It's a good phone, an iPod, and I can check my email when I need to. Does almost everything I want. How does that make it a POS? I'm not going to defend everything about it, though you're apparently a delusional fanboi for even owning one I guess, some things kinda piss me off about it too, but it's not that bad. And when I don't want to read about it here, I just don't click on the iPhone links. :confused: Same with anything else I don't care about. Nor do I comment on things I don't care about. Why would I? It comes off as trolling, even if it isn't meant to be. Like you clicked on something you don't care about just to complain about the fact that you don't care about it.

But I guess that happens with everything. People complained about the iPod too when it first came out, how no one was focusing enough on the Macs. So I guess I'll go read and comment on some things I do care about, and continue to use my iPhone. No one said it was perfect, but it does what I need it to. Even if that does make me a fanboy.

(and no, for the record I don't condone those who troll back to defend Apple getting criticized for something, especially if it's a legitimate complaint, but you do have to remember that Mac users are still a little more sensitive still being treated like second class citizens at times, and it's not like we're all Artie MacStrawman the way some of you want to make us all out to be)

16. msbsound macrumors regular

ah yes, some real gems on that one. Granted I dont think anyone could have predicted just how big the ipod would actually become. Thanks for the link, was a fun read here at work.

17. jodelli macrumors 65816

jodelli

Ipod a gimmick? Give us a PDA? It all sounds funny now, but I have to confess to similar sentiments at the time.

18. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

I feel the issue is certain users think MacRumors dictate the news for Apple, and it does not. Whatever news is out there is what's out there...you can't "create" news or "make stuff up" just to please people's "cravings".

If there's no news on something...there's just no news! In about eight months there's going to be all this hype over new laptops again just like it was three months ago.

Everything in waves.

19. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

Took the words right out of my mouth. Remember after the Macworld 07 keynote, that was an iPhone bonanza for ages!!! I personally loved it tho :)

20. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

yes, the iphone craze will die eventually. In about 10 years.

21. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

Right know, the world is pretty much obsessed with the iPhone.

So, you'd better get used to it... the rumors/hype/love is going to stop anytime soon.

22. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Use my Mogul for a while to see a real POS. Actually its the OS, not the phone...

Frankly, I hate this site...I joined back when Macs weren't so cool and haters were abundant - now the community is huge and I am drowning in a sea of fanboys...

Of course, I am kidding - I'm a HUGE fanboy myself - or would I be a fanman?