ShowCase

mrwamck

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
Sweden
Have an iPad 2, iPad 3 and iPad Air 2 and ShowCase works on the iPad 2 and iPad 3 but
when installed on the iPad Air 2 I can't start Cydia. It just blinks. Removed ShowCase and
now Cydia works. Is this known? Anyone have any ideas?

William

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
William, are you on iOS 8.x on any of those devices?

I ask, because as of iOS 9 there's no longer any need for Showcase. iOS 9 displays uppercase/lowercase in it's stock form.

For that reason, showcase has not been updated to work with iOS 9.

mrwamck

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
Sweden
William, are you on iOS 8.x on any of those devices?

I ask, because as of iOS 9 there's no longer any need for Showcase. iOS 9 displays uppercase/lowercase in it's stock form.

For that reason, showcase has not been updated to work with iOS 9.

mrwamck

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
Sweden
Ok Thanks, and no I'm on 9.0.2 on all devices. Crazy that it worked fine on iPad 2 and 3 and as
it worked on these I thought I'd install it on the Air 2.
Thanks again!
William

tateu

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2012
worked fine on iPad 2 and 3
Some stuff changed in iOS9 that causes the need for tweaks that hook into 32 bit processes (Cydia) on 64 bit devices (iPad Air 2) to be recompiled with a different segment size.

They do not need to be recompiled for 32 bit devices (iPad 2, 3) and work as is. Old versions also work, as is, when hooking into 64 bit processes (most iOS stock apps and newer App store apps) on 64 bit devices.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Ok Thanks, and no I'm on 9.0.2 on all devices. Crazy that it worked fine on iPad 2 and 3 and as
it worked on these I thought I'd install it on the Air 2.
Thanks again!
William
for your iOS 9 devices, to get ShowCase functionality:

Navigate to settings -> general -> accessibility -> keyboard -> enable "show lowercase keys"