Showing iPhone screen directly on Skype from Mac/PC

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by danieljoachim, Feb 5, 2015.

1. danieljoachim macrumors newbie

I would really appreciate if anyone have some good input on my current issue.

I wonder if there is a way for me to give a live presentation from my iPhone on Skype. Skype running either from an external PC/Mac or directly from the iPhone itself.

That is, so my dialogue-partner can actually see the operations I'm performing on my iPhone.

I have a converter to HDMI so it is already possible to connect the iPhone to another device.

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

On a Mac running Yosemite, yes, you can mirror your iPhone's screen to the Mac.

Basically, mirror the iPhone screen to the Mac first using QuickTime Player (File → New movie recording and select iPhone/iPad as source).

Then, use Screen Sharing on Skype.

3. danieljoachim thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you.

But another question:
    - What if the iPhone and PC/Mac are separated in space, e.g. in opposite places of the world

Could I have my friends, sitting on the PC/Mac in the US, view the operations on my iPhone-screen in Japan? Using Skype or some other software?

4. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

You don't even need Skype if both users are on macs. The messages app has a built in screen sharing function. You can share your computer screen(with the iphone connected and QuickTime open) to your friend. It automatically starts an audio conversation as well and you'll have the choice to let them "observe" or "control" your computer.

If they don't have a Mac you could use something like teamviewer to share your computer screen with them

5. danieljoachim thread starter macrumors newbie

Right. That is very good help.

Last, is there a screen sharing app to perform this function from the iPhone itself, or some other way to make this work with ONLY an iPhone and a PC/Mac on the other side of the globe?

6. Jeff R macrumors 6502

Jeff R

7. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

I don't think there is a way to share your iPhones screen remotely to a mac/pc.

what exactly are you trying to demonstrate?

8. danieljoachim thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm trying to give a live demonstration of the functions of an app. Does that explain it sufficiently? :)