Showing Library folder in Mojave?

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by preahkaew, Jul 20, 2018.

1. preahkaew macrumors newbie

preahkaew

Does anyone know how to show the Library folder in Mojave? The method that's worked for years in previous OSes (ever since they started hiding the folder), typing chflags nohidden ~/Library/ in Terminal, seems to no longer be working.

2. chrfr macrumors 604

The supported method is the same as it's been for several versions of macOS: open your home folder, set it to list or or column view, then open view options, and check the box to show Library.

3. Stefdar macrumors newbie

Stefdar

You can do it like on the previous 3 MacOSes, right click in the home folder, View Options, Show Library folder.

4. preahkaew thread starter macrumors newbie

preahkaew

Aha! I was trying to do that via /View->View Options in the Finder menu, but the Show Library option didn't appear there...though it does when right-clicking as you suggested. Thanks!

5. mikzn macrumors 6502a

mikzn

another quick option is in the finder - "go menu" - press option and the library folder shows under the "go menu" when the option button is pressed

6. Stevethesmurf macrumors newbie

Stevethesmurf

That’s my favourite way!

7. dcmaccam macrumors member

Can't remember how I got it there but on High Sierra I have the Library folder in the toolbar menu in Finder. So every time I open a Finder window the Library folder its there.

8. amir001 macrumors newbie