Showing passwords as typed on iPod touch.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by reubs, Jun 1, 2009.

1. reubs macrumors 68000

Sorry if this has been covered, but I'm not exactly sure how to search for it.

I'm wondering if there's a way to set up the iPod to "Show passwords" as they're being typed in. I know that they get saved upon entry for Wi Fi and things like that, but if it's a long password it would be great to see it as it is typed and then hide it instead of hoping you didn't get fat-fingered somewhere along the way and have to start from scratch.

Thanks for any info about this!

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

There's no way to make it display the entire password, but since 2.0 it does display the last letter typed - if you pay close attention to the text box as you type you should be able to pick out mistakes. But I do agree it is such a pain if you get something wrong. I love how in OS X you sometimes get the option to 'show password' just to make sure there's no errors.

3. reubs thread starter macrumors 68000

This seems to be a bad oversight for a few reasons. The touch/iPhone are very clearly personal devices, and that means rarely is someone going to be looking over your shoulder as you type. Furthermore, there is a high chance of error when typing on such a small keypad.

Hopefully with the 3.0 update this can be worked around with copy and paste.