Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robmcg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 6, 2010
when I start my macbook If I don't hold the options key it goes staright to an apple than circle with line through it. If i hold options key I get two hard drives one that says just hard drive one that says windows. windows seems to work fine other than the missing drivers for the Ethernet, wireless airport, and a few others. I have tried everything. I for some reason can not get to the mac side. it doesn't even show up and nothing relating to boot camp shows up. I split the partitions 35G to windows the rest to "mac" side. i would be just as happy with installing the drivers if I could get them installed I know very little about Mac's and should have left well enough alone. can anyone help?
Thanks in advance,
Rob

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
As everything can be anything: Mac doesn't boot

Did that help in any way? Can you boot from your restore DVD and run Disk Utility and see if the Mac OS X partition is recognized and maybe even needs a repair?

Btw, as I assume you have Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard, released late August 2009), re-installing Mac OS X (like celticpride678 suggested) will not delete your data, unless you choose to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.