Shows in Vegas

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by absolut_mac, Nov 1, 2009.

1. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

We're taking our daughter to Vegas to celebrate her 21st birthday early next year. That's what she wants, and we want her to have a good time. There are quite a few good shows playing there right now, but obviously some are better than others, and none of them are cheap!!!

So what one show do you recommend as an absolutely spectacular Vegas show that is well worth the money and shouldn't be missed?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Here's a pic of our kids in Vegas from a few years ago.

Attached Files:

2. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

21st birthday, Vegas and parents don't belong together. :p

I've never actually seen a show in Vegas but hear the Cirque shows are good.

3. allisonv7 macrumors 6502

I've been a few times and usually catch a show. Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian was awesome, would definitely recommend that one. I didn't think I'd like it as I wouldn't typically pick it myself, but a friend picked it and I LOVED it!

Sounds like a fantastic birthday present!

4. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

I just got back on Thursday. I saw Crazy Horse and Penn & Teller, both highly recommended. I didn't see "O", but everyone said it's amazing, it's over $150/ticket though.

Edit: Don't buy tickets from the actual venue, unless you want to sit right up front. Buy from the 1/2 price tickets booths on the strip, they sell most shows and the seats are not bad. For Crazy Horse, I think we paid $26 / ticket, MGM sells them for $60/ticket for the same seats.

5. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

+1 - No chance in hell I'd ever want to be in Vegas with my parents.

But to address the question more directly, I've seen and can definitely recommend Penn & Teller. Fantasy at Luxor was pretty good and not too expensive. Crazy Girls at Riviera was good, too - be sure to sit up front, the girls smell awesome.

6. absolut_mac thread starter macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

Hey, she's still our baby. Fortunately she wants to share this special occasion with us, but if she wanted to go on her own with a few of her friends, we trust her implicitly not to do anything that she'll later regret

I've seen one or two over the years, and there's a pretty big gap in quality there. There's no question that some are much better than others.

7. absolut_mac thread starter macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

is there any dancing in Penn & Teller, or is it pretty much the same as their TV specials?

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, If you can think of any others, please keep them coming

8. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I agree with the above poster that going with your parents to Vegas for your 21st birthday is a little strange.

In my opinion, Le Reve (at the Wynn) is the best show in Vegas. Absolutely spectacular.

9. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

She'll always be your baby. Usually Vegas, parents and 21st birthday don't go together but nice that she wants to include the parents and enjoy. That's all I meant. Be glad that she won't be piss drunk or worse.

I agree that there seems to be a consensus that some of the Cirque shows are much better than others.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

How about Blue Man Group at the Venetian? I haven't seen them, but I hear it is a great show.

11. Queso macrumors G4

Whatever it takes you have to see O. By far the best Cirque du Soleil show. As it's her 21st I don't think she'll be that interested in Bette, Tom or Barry though :D

12. Techhie macrumors 65816

Techhie

As a native, the best of all I've seen include: Cirque, The Lion King, The Beatles Love, Stomp (my personal fav)

13. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

14. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Saw Ka, it was great.

I would set a limit, as that will be a good indicator of what show you can see. Tickets to the strip feature shows are around 100 each and up.

15. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

Yes, I second this. I also third and fourth this. :)

16. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

There are no dancing in Penn & Teller, it's a comedy magic show. I haven't seen the TV special though. They were signing autographs and taking pictures after the show. My gf took a picture with Penn, he's 6'7", my gf is 5'1". :D

17. nick1516 macrumors 6502a

nick1516

I saw them a few years ago and it was a great show, definitely look into them if you have a chance.

18. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I saw Mystere (Cirque at ti) and Phantom at the Venetian a few months ago, both were amazing.

19. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

I took my kid for his 22nd. Had a blast. Hard Rock on Sunday if you can get in.

20. absolut_mac thread starter macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

Once again you guys at Mac Rumors come through. Thanks for all the helpful suggestions.

I laid out all the options for her and she decided on Phantom of the Opera. She's really into her music (varied and eclectic taste), so I think that she'll really enjoy it.

Thanks once again for all your very helpful suggestions.

21. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Good choice. The theater itself is amazing.