Showtime on Apple Tv 4

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by pedders, Oct 31, 2015.

1. pedders macrumors newbie

is anyone having issues with Showtime on the ATV4?
    I have deleted and reinstalled, restored the ATV4 but still when i open the App I just get a white screen.
    No issues with any of the other Apps

2. pedders thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess the lack of responses means I am alone with this issue :(

3. KillScreen macrumors newbie

KillScreen

I'm having the same problems for about two weeks now. Haven't found a solution yet.

Were you able to solve the issue?

4. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

No problems here but not sure what would happen if you register too many clients. Normally it says you need to remove some of your devices. This is done on a Showtime Web Site. I think the limit is 5. Of course this is extremely dumb of Showtime.

5. KillScreen macrumors newbie

KillScreen

Nah, I don't think that's the problem. Even tried clearing all settings on my Apple TV 4 and reinstalled everything, same thing (just a white screen).

I believe it's got something to do with the fact that I'm using it from Germany (with a US iTunes account and VPN though). However, this has worked before and it's still working for the Showtime app on iPhone.

6. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I agree unlikely but since you seem to me in the small minority I think it is worth checking out especially since your iPhone is working and of course it would be taking 1 of the 5.

You stated you tried "clearing all settings on my Apple TV 4". Even if you did this on your iPhone it would NOT release the iPhone from the max 5 list. You must release unused devices on Showtime Web Site.

Again, I do not know what your problem is but FOR SURE if it is the 6th (i believe limit is 5) client it will NOT work. But you should get an error.

7. KillScreen macrumors newbie

KillScreen

True, I should get a proper error message rather than just an app hanging with a white screen.

Since I'm a Showtime customer via Apple (subscribed via iTunes), I don't even have a login for showtime.com, so even if I wanted to check my clients, I couldn't do it.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 12, 2016 ---
    Never mind, I was able to gain access to my showtime account via a password reset using the apple ID. Still no success, even after removing all Apple TVs from the device list. I guess there's just something wrong with the Apple TV 4 Showtime app.

8. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I don't have any more to add. I also buy Showtime via iTunes on the Apple TV 4 and I have no problems. I also, logged in and reset the list a few times then just tried to not add it to more devices. I have 8 Apple TV's. Only have it on a few. Crazy that Showtime is the only App that does this that I know of. I understand limited on multiple streams (HBO is 3) but to limited registered devices is nuts.

9. KillScreen macrumors newbie

KillScreen

Ok, thanks anyway. Maybe the Showtime app has some way to know it's running where it's not supposed to. I'll just have to wait until the next update and use iPhone + Airplay till then.