Showtime Question

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by visuea, Jul 8, 2015.

1. visuea macrumors newbie

Last night I signed up for the new Showtime player via my Apple TV. Everything was working fine last night, but I was unable to create an account on the Showtime website. I received the email directing me to create an account, but whenever I tried to do so, all I was getting was the Showtime home page. I tried to log in using my iTunes details, but that was wrong. I can't find a way to create an account. Has anyone else faced this problem.

Oh, and now the Apple TV Showtime player isn't working.

2. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

It worked fine for me. Since seeing this decide to check it out and update my personal information. Notice you can Manage your Devices. In the prior versions where you had to connect with your CABLE Provider it has a limit on the number of devices. I wonder if that has changed.

3. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Found the answer to my question. Maybe this is not the case with Hulu add-on but not sure. Would be nice if the Hulu Add-on had better integration with the WatchList. Decided to try with Apple TV First but may switch at the end of the 30 day trial.

"Your SHOWTIME subscription allows you to be signed in on up to five different devices. You can also stream from three simultaneously."

This is a real hassle. My wife and I have 6 Apple TV's and 3 iPads and 2 iPhones. Would be nice to login to all of them at once. Not sure why the restriction. Having to remove the ones not in use is time consuming.

4. sleepydinosaur macrumors regular

sleepydinosaur

It's too bad Showtime doesn't pre-roll or dumb down the stream. I'd seriously subscribe. It's completely useless to being on a slow pipe. Oh well

5. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

I am sure the restriction is to stop people from sharing the subscription with friends.

6. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

That is probably their thinking. But I know of no other App that does this. In addition to Showtime I have Netflix, Hulu, HBO Now, Feeln and more and NONE of them have this restriction. I have no problem with them only allowing so many simultaneous streams but having to only have 5 registered devices is restrictive. Netflix is restricted to only 2 with the cheapest plan and for 50% more you can have 4. But there is no limit on which devices can use those 2 or 4 streams. I have been emailing Hulu about adding profiles (like on Netflix). Their response is about multiple users streams. I said but I want my selections go be for me and when my wife uses it her selections should be what she sees. I love the new direction of streaming but it seams ONLY Netflix really understands the business and the customer requirements.

Still would like to know the options when using Hulu Add On.

7. visuea thread starter macrumors newbie

So, does anyone know why I'm still facing my problem?

8. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

Nope sorry, have you tried to contact Showtime as it seems like an issue with their website/authentication server?