shrinking iDVD project to fit on single DVD

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Super20, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Super20 macrumors regular

I have an iDVD project that is about 7.2 gigs and obviously not able to fit on a single dvd. I thought I might buy a dual-layer drive and burn it that way, but not all dvd players can play those discs (I'm making video's of our school's variety show). Is there a way to get this down into one dvd while keeping all of my chapter markers and my iDVD theme work?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. Super20 thread starter macrumors regular

I've read that in a few places online that say that some dvd players are picky about the media that they play and....not that they usually know what they are talking about....but the people at Best Buy also said the same thing. They said that computers would read them, but most dvd players would not and I could find out by looking at the manual for those dvd players.
    Is this a load of crap or what? If not, what B&M store has a good deal on an external drive and d/l media?

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I stopped when I got here.

Let me tell you a story: I was in Best Buy, having just crashed a couple of Windows PCs (hold the Windows logo button and "E" for ten seconds straight. Release. Watch the fun. That's all you need to do.), and had come to the Mac section.

There he was, Mr. Expendable (blue shirt), telling a young couple that they could put a GTX 280 inside a 24" iMac.

I cleared my throat, told them that that was a blatant lie, told them, "The card is thicker than the computer itself, among other problems...", and they gave the blue shirt a look and he walked away. I helped them with the rest of their purchase, minus worthless enthusiast card.

Everyone at Best Buy will lie to you.

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

thanks for the tip Skil… and what a nice citizen you are :D

6. Super20 thread starter macrumors regular

I figured he was full of a smelly substance that leaves my backside regularly, but I did read that in some reviews for different burners on various websites like Amazon. I was leary before I even walked in the store. So will all dvd players hooked to tv's be able to play a dual-layer dvd that I burned and created with iDVD?