SHSH backup isn't as friendly as I hoped it was

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by InteriorDEV, Jul 24, 2010.

1. InteriorDEV macrumors member

I was storing all my SHSH files using TinyUmbrella for my iPhone and iPad when this happened...

My iPad is currently running a spirit'd 3.2. Right when I jailbroke my iPad, I told Cydia to make my life easier by storing the SHSH files. I trusted Cydia that it would backup the SHSH for firmware 3.2. A couple weeks passed in which in opened Cydia every now and then just to see that the files weren't backed up yet, until today. Turns out, Cydia stored the files for 3.2.1 while I'm not even running it?
    I would like to be safe by having the 3.2 SHSH files as well, in case I happen to destroy my jailbroke.
    Fun extra: my parents' iPad bought and jailbroken around the same time as mine do have the files for 3.2 backed up.

Is there any way I can get hold of the files for 3.2 because I want to be safe and such.

2. InteriorDEV thread starter macrumors member

3. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

Unless you've already saved them locally on your computer with TinyUmbrella at the time when Apple was still signing 3.2, then NO... precisely for the reason you give in your following post :
    Also, once you've asked Cydia to "make my life easier" it will also back up all SHSH blobs for future firmware versions as they come out. You don't need to be running those versions for Cydia to back up the SHSH. The only hiccup with this is that until your initial request has passed the "pending" state, your SHSH won't have been saved. I suppose Saurik's server is overwhelmed with requests, so, as I myself have learnt, it's best to use TinyUmbrella to do the deeds yourself!

So for now, keep your fingers crossed that you won't need to restore your iPad anytime before a new jailbreak comes out for 3.2.1.

4. InteriorDEV thread starter macrumors member

Crap.