SHSH blob Questions

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by penguin19, Jul 20, 2011.

1. penguin19 macrumors newbie

I'm not so new to iPhone's, but I'm definitely new to jailbreaking.

So right before the iOS 4.3.4 from Apple came out I jailbreaked my iPhone on iOS 4.3.3 with no SHSH blobs, unaware at the time. When I knew I downloaded an app from cydia that was supposed to save it, but apparently I just missed it and apple stopped signing it (iOS 4.3.3)

So I have no SHSH blobs.

So I was wondering what exactly SHSH blobs do and do I need to unjailbreak it and wait to jailbreak it when I get an SHSH blobs saved? How important are the blobs to have?

From what I'm reading I probably wont be jailbreaking it again until iOS5, unless they get an untethered iOS 4.3.4.

Also, I've bought a theme and an app ($3) not much from Cydia but if I were to unjailbreak it and jailbreak it again at a later date if the SHSH blobs are important would I be able to get those apps backs?
    This isn't so important because it's just $3 at this point but it would still kinda suck to have to pay again.....

2. PsstGreek, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011

PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

SHSH blobs are needed to downgrade/upgrade to any firmware saved. They are unique to each device only. SHSH Wiki Here

All apps/tweaks/themes purchased from Cydia are tied to you facebook/gmail account. So if you were to restore your phone fresh then jailbreak again, log into your cydia account and you're good to reinstall everything.

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

D/l tiny umbrella now and save your blobs. You can use TU, whether you're JB or not. It won't help with 4.3.3, but you might as well have them for 4.3.4.