SHSH blobs for iOS 5?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by CrzyIcE, Oct 17, 2011.

1. CrzyIcE macrumors member

Hi everyone,
    I have been away from jailbreaking from a while.
    Last time I jailbreak was around February and I had the help of some of the macrumors members.
    I remember getting advice that even though you do not upgrade your firmware, you can still save the SHSH blobs for the current release for the updates.
    For example, now it is firmware 5.0. Would I be able to save the SHSH blobs for that firmware to my iPhone 3GS without updating now?

I am currently on firmware 4.1 but I have SHSH blobs for 4.2.1 and 4.3.5 (although I don't remember how I was able to save those).
    All I remember was using TinyUmbrella to do the process. (Now I see some other program called iFaith?)

Also I read an article that mentioned that SHSH blobs saving is coming to an end.
    So does that mean there is no point in saving the SHSH blobs for firmware 5.0?

http://thegadgets.net/2011/06/27/shsh-downgrading-is-coming-to-an-end/

And another additional question:
    Now that I have 4.1, 4.2.1, and 4.3.5 SHSH blobs, I can jump between these 3 updates without problems right? (upgrading/downgrading)

Thanks again!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not even sure if blobs past 5.0 are worth saving since Apple implemented a new security system. Even with blobs u won't be able to downgrade or restore to older firmware. Hope the dev team finds a solution though.

3. CrzyIcE thread starter macrumors member

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

As of today, Apple stops signing 4.3.5 firmware. I did try to save blob for my friend and TU gave me this notification.

5. CrzyIcE thread starter macrumors member

oo I see, thanks for letting me know!
    I will stick with my current firmware for a while since its giving me no problems.