SHSH blobs quick question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jimmy83, Oct 11, 2010.

1. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

I originally thought all you had to do was open Cydia and on the first time you have to select 'make my life easier' and you done.

Have things changed? Just upgraded to 4.1 on my iP4 and JB opened Cydia and havent seen the make my life easier message. Can anyone explain?

I followed this guide to backup my blobs...http://www.coveringweb.com/2010/10/save-shsh-blobs-of-ios-41-on-iphone.html is that the correct way of doing things?

2. bern43 macrumors member

Same question. I backed my blobs up locally using Tiny Umbrella. Figured I'd check the "Make my life easier" button once I got my 4.1 jailbreak up and running and its nowhere to be found.

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You only see this once per iDevice and if you already clicked it, you'll never see it again on that iDevice.

4. jimmy83 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok thanks, but should I be seeing the green part at the top of Cydia to show what blobs I've got on file?

5. bern43 macrumors member

This was my first JB on this phone though. Thinking this could have something to do with backing up my blobs through Tiny Umbrella first???

6. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

Saurik has temporarily removed it from the Cydia home page as it was causing too much load on the server as half the planet jailbroke / rejailbroke their iDevice over the last couple of days and then constantly hit Cydia.

He will re-instate it when limera1n and greenpois0n activity has clamed down a bit.

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

What he said, if you want to make sure (like me, since I am on the paranoid side) that you got your SHSHs saved, Download Tiny Umbrella and run it, it will tell you what you got, and Allow you to download a copy so you can save it on your machine (in case Cydia server get on fire, or Saurik get a job on Apple LOL )

8. jimmy83 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the advice :)