Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

porkupine888

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
wondering how these sh sh blobs work, and if anyone knows if they can be "transferred" from one device to another and if so how could we do it, as i have a whole list of shsh blobs that i can use for one device iphone 3gs 16gb, which i would very much like to transfer to another device...

any ideas please? thanks!!

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
wondering how these sh sh blobs work, and if anyone knows if they can be "transferred" from one device to another and if so how could we do it, as i have a whole list of shsh blobs that i can use for one device iphone 3gs 16gb, which i would very much like to transfer to another device...

any ideas please? thanks!!

They are device specific, would be nice if they weren't. We wouldn't even have to worry about saving them then, as long as one person had them to share.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
Now that 6.1.2 is out, do we have to resave the SHSH blobs after restoring to that firmware?

I tried with TinyUmbrella, but am not sure if it saved the 6.1.2 blob. I had a file on my desktop from 6.1, and the file still says:

"____iphone5,2_6.1.shsh"

The log says it saved a file, but I can't tell if it changed. It should say "6.1.2.shsh" shouldn't it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.