shsh blobs

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by itsbritneybitch, May 1, 2010.

1. itsbritneybitch macrumors newbie

itsbritneybitch

Hey guys,

I am looking forward to the Spirit jailbreak but have been reading all over the internet about shsh blobs. I have been trying to figure what shsh blobs are. Could anyone help me? Is it necessary to back these up before using the jailbreak upon release?

Thank you

2. ignus graius macrumors regular

Backing up your SHSH blobs means that you'll always be able to revert back to your current firmware if your iPad gets screwed up. Say you jailbreak your iPad and you install a Cydia package that screws up your device. If you aren't backed up, then you're forced to install whatever the current firmware is for your iPad. If you are backed up, then you can install the firmware you had originally, and re-jailbreak.

So no, it's not necessary, but it's a good idea. Check out this link:
    http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/

3. cobaltrich27 macrumors 6502

cobaltrich27

Step by step restore using backed up shsh?

Ok so I now have my shsh backed up for my iPad wifi 64GB.

Can someone point me to a step by step guide of how this restore process has been done in the past for a backed up shsh?

I'm sure there are a bunch of threads talking about it but just to save everyone time of telling them look it up can someone please simply give a link to a guide describing the steps to restore to an old firmware using the backed up shsh. This will give me something to learn while waiting for the actual jb to come out.

The only thing I have done is make it rain and now umbrella so want to learn more without sifting through piles of posts. Im currently learning how to backup my activation certs after using push doctor on my jb iPhone for tmobile.

I can't wait for the new jb so not only can I jb my ipad but I can get my shsh done for my iPhones. Luckily my 2iphones are working fine jb on 3.1.2 but I did miss the boat on shsh backup for them. Still lots to learn but I have come along way with lots of luck and no problems so far.

Thanks for the help.

4. NeoCracer macrumors member

I have the exact same questions... So this thread is very interesting for me too. :p

5. MikhailT macrumors 601

This should help.
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/f203/87785.htm

6. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

Please don't anyone take this too badly, but this is a topic you really can't be spoon-fed; to understand it in any detail you will have to dig through a lot of posts, blogs, etc. If you just want a walkthrough without understanding why you're doing what you're doing, google is your friend.

7. cobaltrich27 macrumors 6502

cobaltrich27

Hey thanks for the link you saved me some valuable time!!!

For the other response I didnt know people still quoted the whole Spooooooon Fed crappola but thanks for your response was a complete waste of my time LOL. Think the last time I heard someone say that was Echostar TSOP programming for Dish on some IRC I learned about 5 years ago LOL.

I have been working with many Hardware/Software aspects of the MAC/PC for over 15 years just not this small piece of technology but thanks again for your huge input.