SHSH issue on iphone 4 also?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by g000, Jun 15, 2010.

1. g000 macrumors newbie

I remember a lot of later 3GS models had the SHSH issue, will this be an issue for iphone 4 if I intend to jailbreak or unlock it later on? if so, what steps to take to get around the SHSH issue when I receive the iphone 4? do I need to do something first before I hook it up to iTunes to activate the phone to avoid the SHSH problem? or will I lose the ability to jailbreak or unlock entirely if I activate it normally?

thanks for any input or help.
    g

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The 3Gs has always had the SHSH issue. It is the bootrom that got the later 3Gs iPhones. The iPhone 4 could have a more readily updated bootrom to prevent the preferred kind of jailbreak.

3. g000 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, so is it safe to activate it first and start using the phone and find a way to save the SHSH blob later on? or will i lose that ability forever?

thanks

4. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

I don't think anyone can honestly answer these questions until the dev team, Saurik, GeoHot, etc have their hands on the phone and know what the deal is.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

We don't know yet.
    It might have a more complex system when it comes to jb and loading custom ipsw's.
    I wouldn't be surprised. Every year Apple seems to make it harder to jb and unlock.

6. calvy macrumors 65816

I can't wait to see how this goes. I really wanted the new hardware, so I got an order in today. But I'll miss backgrounder and sbsettings and winterboard.

Yes, I know, 4.0 has "multi-tasking", but from my perspective, it's not true multitasking, and I'm not sure it'll really fit my needs when I come to use it. I need to be able to stream NPR while running and tracking my run with Runkeeper Pro, all while occasionally checking email and twitter during the parts where I walk.