SHSH problem! can't restore even tho l have shsh! 3gs

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by aek2007, Oct 6, 2010.

1. aek2007 macrumors newbie

hello! l did a reset on my iphone 3gs 16 gigs , not a full one tho! and it was stuck on a the black screen after the apple logo and it wont seem to do anything and l've read that it needs a restore, my 3gs was already once on 4.0.2 and i had my shsh saved to 4.0.1 and 3.1.3 so l gave it to someone who restored it to 4.0.1 and now l can't restore, l tried to restore using tiny umbrella but i can't seem to save my shsh on my pc because the iphone can't run the IOS it can only be on dfu or recovery mode l think! so l cant save shsh on the pc and when l try to restore with itunes it gives me an error even tho l run the tiny umbrella sever thing l reallly dont know what to plzzz help me to restore my 3gs to 4.0.1 while being in this state cuz l have no idea what to do now!!!!

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Just run TU, start the TSS server, open iTunes, shift-restore or option-restore and pick the 4.0.1 .ipsw file. You don’t need to be in DFU mode.

3. AaronE macrumors 6502

Try the "kick out of recovery mode" on TU after you restore. Worth a shot.

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

If you don't have your SHSH saved locally but have it on Cydia, you can just restore using Saurik's original method -- by manually editing your hosts file.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Aekara?
    I think when you restore using tinyumbrella when the process finishes and gives you an error you might have to click kick device out of recovery.
    Either that or edit your itunes hosts file like mentioned above and restore it to the official 4.0.1

6. kre62 macrumors 68000

4 step simplified version of Sauriks original restore method:

Step 1: Make sure your SHSH are saved by opening Cydia, and looking at the top of the homescreen.

Step 2: Download firmware for your device. http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750

Step 3: Edit your hosts file to include this line:
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    On Windows: Open Notepad as an administrator. The hosts file is in windows\system32\drivers\etc\ The file does not have an extension, so change option to All Files to find it. For mac, go here: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=7556

Step 4: Open itunes, click your iphone, hold shift (option for mac) and click restore. Find your firmware and perform the restore. If your hosts file was edited right, and your SHSH backed up, iTunes will receive authorization and proceed with restore

7. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Pull your blobs from cydia over to your computer in advanced options?

8. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Come on, people. Please read the original post a bit more carefully. Because he in stuck in DFU mode and doesn't know his ECID, he cannot use TinyUmbrella to download his blobs. TU won't recognize his iPhone when connected. That's the whole point of this thread.

9. aek2007 thread starter macrumors newbie

yea that seems to be the problem mate!! I can't use TU to get the SHSH saved on the pc but they are saved on the cydia server and the original method wouldn't work for some reason!! it gives me an error after the extraction of the firmware and b4 the restore starts!

10. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

yeah, your just going to have to manually edit your hosts file.. do u need the phone unlocked?? if not just update to 4.1.. tinyunbrella will then be able to read your phone and download they keys, and downgrade to 4.0 or whateva you want to downgrade 2

11. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

"[A]n error" doesn't tell us much. What is the exact error message? Have you double-checked to make sure your changes to your hosts file saved? What is the complete name of the firmware file you are trying to use?

12. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

as already mentioned, you need to use the manual way in order to get your SHSHs, since TU is won't be able to see your phone. If you share a screenshot or tell us what's the error you are getting you can guide you better on what is going wrong.