SHSH with Limera1n? Backup my JB?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mertian, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Mertian macrumors newbie

I'm new at JB and did it for my Iphone 3GS and Ipad and hit the make my life easier, my question is... How do I back it up so that when Apple releases 4.1.1 or 4.2 I don't loss my JB?

Does anyone know when Unlock might be available or if it's already how to do it?

2. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

If you update, you will lose your JB everytime, except when using custom firmware. Saving SHSH files dos not backup your JB. It just allows you to downgrade to jailbreakable firmware. And, you save your SHSH files, use Tinyumbrella (save on your computer) or Cydia (make my life easier).

3. Mertian thread starter macrumors newbie

Where do I get Tinyumbrella or the Cydia (make my life easier) for my Laptop?

Thanks for the anwser by the way

4. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Google for Tinyumbrella and you need to manually save your SHSH files. "Make my life easier" button should be on main screen in Cydia, you only need to hit it once and future SHSH files will be save automatically.

5. Mertian thread starter macrumors newbie

I did the Cydia button... Should I download something or that's it?

I had issues with Tinyumbrella it keeps giving me an error with the port 80... I closed everything using the CMD and I'm the only user in my laptop with adm rights so I don't know what's wrong...

6. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

That's it for Cydia.

Something on your computer is blocking TU. If you can't figure what, use another computer.

It's better to use TU to request SHSH files through Cydia. That way, you and Cydia will have it right that instant. Otherwise, Cydia will ask for the files ar random time, and in worst case, could be outside timeframe when Apple allows it.

7. dilgit macrumors regular

Try quiting skype! It did it for me!