Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004

Attachments

• MuVopix2.jpg
    MuVopix2.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 375

saabmp3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Tacoma, WA
True, the iPod wasn't the first MP3 player out there either. It wasn't the biggest, it wasn't the lightest, it didn't have the longest battery life. It had the software and the perfect mix of everything.

I don't have a shuffle yet, but you pointed out in your post that creative didn't have the perfect mix. Here's hoping that the iPod does.

BEN

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Yeah I got one of those before my iPod days. It was nice but two advantages that I see for the Shuffle is Rechargable Battery, and AAC/ iTMS compatibility.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
I had something like that. I didn't like it. Needless to say, I won't be buying a Shuffle (at least not for music), but I'm still sure it will be a hit. Most people aren't me. ;)

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
what was them things 64mb and 128 mb lol , think you can still buy them on ebay at a stupid price -

but like been said iPod ...Not the first and most prob not the last to hit the market.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
While it definitely came out first, it's no question Apple improved significantly on the hardware and software design.

And it's not really smaller, just shorter. The total volume of the MuVo is 2.5 cubic inches, vs. 1.07 cubic inches for the Shuffle. And the Shuffle is 20% lighter than the MuVo without the battery. ;)

Timelessblur

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2004
the shuffle would of failled if it was not because of the ipod beong so great. apple playing on the popurallity of it.

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
it's always funny reading posts trying bust apple's chops or something. :rolleyes:

who cares if it's "new" or not "new"? did apple claim it's "new"? it's certainly a new iPod.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
jxyama said:
it's always funny reading posts trying bust apple's chops or something. :rolleyes:

who cares if it's "new" or not "new"? did apple claim it's "new"? it's certainly a new iPod.
True, but think of all the "so-and-so copied Apple" threads. Not that we need to encourage them, but it's not surprising to see something like this supporting other vendors.

In fact, I find them humorous since the products Apple comes out with are generally so vastly superior. This MuVo thing is a two-piece device using a AAA "battery pack" for powered operation. Who designs these things?

stevietheb

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2004
Houston
I don't think the Shuffle itself is revolutionary in any way. It's the price point that is...especially for Apple.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
jxyama said:

No, they never said it was new. You are correct.

And there have been a few articles to point this out already.

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
I just received my shuffle yesterday and so far i absolutely l ove it. it's so small i can barely feel its there, basically just the headphones remind me it's there.. interface rocks, and i just throw it in shuffle and have a blast...

i have pictures of it here: http://gallery.unlogikal.net/index.php?album=7

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Sorry, I won't ever buy any mp3 player even if it has 100GB song capacity and 100 hours battery life, if it doesn't come with white earphones and doesn't work with Macs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.