shuffle albums on ipod touch 6g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by alphabetagaga, Nov 16, 2015.

1. alphabetagaga macrumors regular

alphabetagaga

is this possible? eg i want to shuffle all soundtrack albums. and when an album starts it plays in track order 1, 2, 3 etc

2. pika2000 macrumors 68030

Nope. The only iPod that can do this were the iPod Classic and the old nanos (before the current one).
    It's a sad thing that Apple touted iOS as the "best iPod," yet it cannot even do what the classic can.

I think there's an app that allows you to do this (forget its name), but then you are using a much less polished 3rd party player, not the main music app.

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

You can do it with the Workflow app. Setup genres with its Today widget so you don't have to go through Safari and you can still use the default Music app.

4. alphabetagaga thread starter macrumors regular

alphabetagaga

thanks jessica i'll look into workflow. pity the stock music app can't cope with this. i know within itunes it is possible (though not straightforward to find) and figured it would be replicated on the music app

5. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I'm just glad iTunes is still complicated. I look at these mockups from designers that play with new ideas and it's like, "Do you even use the program?".

Here is how you'd make it work by the way:

IMG_0117.PNG

To get around device limitations (the iPhone 5S can only have 8 workflows in the widget), you could also make it into a selection list. But it's very time consuming.