Shuffle Bug (Shuffle Setting in Music, not iPod Shuffle)?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Link2999, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Link2999 macrumors 6502

Lately when I shuffle my songs I notice that I'll be listening to the same song twice in a row. I checked my songs and it seems that the same song is playing from two different albums. (Some of my albums have the same song on them) At first I figured it was a coincidence, but when it happened a second time I was thinking there may be something wrong with shuffle. This happened a good 5 or 6 times now so it isn't a coincidence anyways. The same thing happens with similar named songs (remixes) and music videos (for example, I'm playing the song and the next thing in shuffle will be the music video I have of that song). Is this an iOS4.1 bug or what?

2. Abscissa macrumors regular

I don't see how it's a bug if you have more than one of the same thing...It plays the song, then the music video? It's completely random as far as I know. Maybe make playlists with just one copy of the song?

3. Link2999 thread starter macrumors 6502

If I put my Music on shuffle, then all of my music should be randomized. It shouldn't play one version of the song and then play a second version in shuffled order.

4. skiltrip macrumors 68030

What they are saying is it CAN happen. I have 10,000 songs on my iPod and sometimes I'll get two off the same album back to back. Does it happen every single time? Like, when it's on shuffle, and you hit "whateversong123" does it ALWAYS play the other copy of "whateversong123" right after it, or only sometimes?

5. Link2999 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's not like it's off of the same album, it's the same song, or a remix of the same song. For example, today it was on shuffle and "All For You" by Kill Paradise came on. This version was from the album, "The Effect", then the same song "All For You" came on by Kill Paradise from the album, "The Second Effect". Same song different album. Here's another example that happened the other day, "All Over You" by The Spill Canvas came on from the album "No Really, I'm Fine" then again from the album "Honestly, I'm Doing Okay". This happens 100% of the time when I have songs of the same name.