Shuffle fallen apart...

Discussion in 'iPod' started by eyemacg5, Apr 6, 2007.

1. eyemacg5 macrumors 6502

eyemacg5

Yesterday I spent a whole day in town listening to my shuffle just walking about shopping, not running or anything. When I get home I realise that my shuffle has fell apart, the bottom plastic with the headphone jack has come off and the center button has come out.

I would not hesitate to take it back to apple but I have no box, I have no recite and I do not have the original headphones.

What should I do?

2. JDN macrumors 6502a

I doubt apple will do anything to help you without a box or receipt, but you will never know unless you call them.

Would you home contents insurance cover it under accidental damage? Might be the way to go...

3. asxtb macrumors 6502

Actually, It shouldn't matter if you have the box or not. It's a defective product. Apple should replace it. Take it to an Apple store or call them up.

4. sparkyms macrumors 65816

Yeah. What asxtb said, the fact is, if it's still in warranty they should fix it/give you a new one.
    They may ask for you reciept, but then again if its a gen 2 shuffle, its less than a year old anyway so they should replace it no gripes.

5. eyemacg5 thread starter macrumors 6502

eyemacg5

Looks like another trip to the apple store.
    Nothing wrong with the apple store but its in a huge shopping complex which is soo busy all the time unless you go at 8am when no where is open.

6. eyemacg5 thread starter macrumors 6502

eyemacg5

Well on the phone they said they'd replace it but in store was totally different.

Then they said I would need to send it to the depot and the employee told me to go to http://depo.info.apple.com, spelling depot wrong....