Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nbaker756

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
just got a 1gb shuffle and it wont sync with my G4 powermac on any usb port. everything is updated and the shuffle will only appear as a usb drive sometimes. what should i do.

sethwerkheiser

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
wait an hour or two for a good response from the MacRumors gang. That's usually what I do. Or wait and call 1-800-APL-CARE... though I don't think they're open on the weekends...

NEENAHBOY

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2004
Arlington, VA
sethwerkheiser said:
wait an hour or two for a good response from the MacRumors gang. That's usually what I do. Or wait and call 1-800-APL-CARE... though I don't think they're open on the weekends...

That's what really ticks me off about AppleCare. 24/7 tech support, please!

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
it could be that your USB ports are lose, this has happened to me, i just had to push them back in, try wiggling your shuffle, maybe the ports are the problem, OR YOU COULD CALL APPLE :rolleyes:

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2004
Does your G4 have USB 2.0 because i think the Shuffles only work with 2.0.

nbaker756

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
update on problems

i do have 4.7.1 and i called apple and all the said was to reinstall itunes and that didnt work. i tried it on my dads G3 ibook which was USB 1 and the shuffle works fine, no problems and it has all the same updates as the power mac

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
it does work with usb 1... i didn't have the 2.0 drivers installed and it still worked fine.. then i installed the correct drivers and wahla... much faster syncing hehe

oh this is on my pc... too much music to fit on my powerbook.. and i have my klipsch pro medias hooked up to the pc anyway so.. there you have it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.