Shuffle songs from a genre in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by RestUnknown, Apr 18, 2016.

1. RestUnknown macrumors regular

Hi all

I tend to listen to my songs on shuffle based on a certain genre. Every single time I use this and start it, the EXACT SAME song starts playing as the first one (the following ones are random as it should be).

I don't understand why it does this, it's quite annoying. It's these little annoying things that are starting to build up that is showing the decline of quality in every single Apple related thing. Yes this is a little rant, but I still hope someone can give a solution.

2. tjwilliams25 macrumors 6502

You can try making a Smart Playlist based on a genre and shuffling that. That way, the playlist is constantly updated as you add new music and it shouldn't start on the same song when you shuffle.

3. RestUnknown thread starter macrumors regular

I could do that, but it's something so stupid that annoys the **** out of me and is clearly a bug that has been ongoing for a long time. I might be one of a very few people who notices this and gets annoyed by it, so I guess it will never be resolved...

4. tjwilliams25 macrumors 6502

I agree, the only way it will change is if the people who actually write the software know so they can fix it. Not taking out aggression on people just trying to help.