Shuffling only some playlist

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Oliverpool, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Oliverpool macrumors newbie

Is there a way to only have certain playlist shuffle. At the moment, it seems like there is no way to have shuffle for some playlist and have other playlist that is totally untouched. I listen to many "live" albums and I want to leave those alone with no shuffling. At this time it seems it all or nothing. Certainly very irritating.

2. Cmd-Z macrumors 6502

Cmd-Z

The only thing you can do is shuffle the order of playlists in iTunes, lock in the random order, then sync the playlist to your iPhone and play it with shuffle off. But that is waaaaaaay harder than simply tapping the shuffle icon to turn it off when you don't want to shuffle.

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

In 8.4, the "Skip when Shuffling" option is ignored, but that is usually what you'd have checked on your live album tracks in iTunes.

This is my biggest annoyance right now.

4. Oliverpool thread starter macrumors newbie

It only works for me sometimes as I use the phone in my car as well. When I am driving, I cannot be meddling with the phone to click a small icon to enable or disable shuffle. I would have thought that having a random or shuffle stick on a playlist would be the right way to go.

Oh well, I suppose I could send a request to apple and hope that it would be implemented by the time ios 10 comes along... Its just sad that apple does not seem to be interested in hearing from their users.

5. Oliverpool thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats interesting. Is this why I recalled that my live albums used to not be shuffled. This behaviour only came about in IOS 8.4?

6. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Yeah, I am assuming that too because that's when the problem also came up for me. I am not on betas so I don't know if this is something they're addressing in 8.4.1 or on iOS 9, but I hope they're working on it.

7. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Couldn't you just un-select shuffle in the full screen player for playlists you wish to not shuffle? I'm confused.

In the playlist tab (the view that shows you all playlists) tap the little square playlist art on the left side of the screen. (This starts to play the playlist) and depending on if you have shuffle enabled in the full screen player it will shuffle it or just play it from top to bottom in order.

8. Oliverpool thread starter macrumors newbie

This is not that easy to do when it gets the that playlist and you are either

1. Running

or

2. Iphone is plugged in your car system

9. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

If being able to tap buttons on the screen is hard in those situations then.

1. Stop running for 1 second or hold down home and use Siri to play and or shuffle a playlist.

2. If it's plugged in use "Hey Siri" to play and or shuffle a playlist.