Shuffling 'Songs' on Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod' started by TDCat, Dec 5, 2007.

1. TDCat macrumors newbie

Hi,

There has just been a post similar to this but this is different...I promise.

My general preference on the Ipod Touch is to hit 'Songs' and then shuffle play the lot. However, sometimes I hear a song from an album and I want to play one more song from that album that I like......but only one!

If I hit the button to look at the rest of the songs on that album and select one to play, the Touch then assumes (wrongly) that I only want to play that album. What I actually want is just to play that one song and then continue playing all 'Songs' in shuffle mode.

Is there anyway I can lock it into 'shuffle song mode'? Same applies if I know there's a song I want to hear by a person. It's easier to search by artist because I know the artist but if this song is then on an album, it assumes I want the rest of that album.

It's a real pain.

Thanks!!!

Torsten.

2. sreedy macrumors 6502a

When you are playing the 'second' track from the album you have manually selected just go back to the full screen artwork and tap the big album artwork. You then get the timing bar for the song, just press the shuffle symbol on there (top right) and you are back in shuffle mode.

3. TDCat thread starter macrumors newbie

While this does enable 'Shuffle' mode, it only plays the rest of that album on shuffle. I want to continue playing all 'Songs' on shuffle. The song I chose to play just happens to be part of an album.

Any ideas? Thank you for the quick response btw! :)

4. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

perhaps you can get an answer in the dedicated iPod Touch forum. this forum is geared towards all ipods except the touch and iphone.