SHUMURI SLIM iphone 6 case does not protect phone from three feet drop

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by pflau, Mar 15, 2015.

1. pflau macrumors 6502

OK, I dropped my iPhone 6 today, in a coffee shop from the table to the floor. The case broke on the upper left corner above the mute switch. And the iPhone aluminum case suffered a ding.

This case is good for scratch protection and makes the phone less slippery, but make no mistake it does not protect the phone from a drop onto a hard floor.

Also, I've noticed that the edge of the iPhone screen have minute scuff marks, which goes to show the iPhone glass is not that scratch resistant. Does Apple still use Gorilla glass for their phones?

I will post some pictures later.

2. scjr macrumors 68000

scjr

Does this case offer drop protection? I thought it was a minimalist case that offered scratch protection only?

3. pflau thread starter macrumors 6502

No it does not. But still I was surprised that it cracked so easily, considering that it was a three foot drop and not on concrete.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

It is scratch resistant. However, scratch resistant does not mean unscratchable. A harder material will always be able to scratch a softer material.

5. stcizzle, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015

stcizzle macrumors regular

This is why I opted for the belkin grip case. Thinner than apples cases but thick enough to survive minor drops. I did a revew if interested here.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1853271