Shure E3C's not working with Macbook pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by playm0de, Oct 27, 2007.

1. playm0de macrumors member

I have a pair of Shure E3C headphones. They work great with my iPod but when I have them plugged into my MBP, they short out in one of the earbuds. Anyone else have similar problems/know what I can do to fix this?

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Have you made sure they are plugged in firmly? Sounds like they aren't in all the way. Do other headphones work on your MBP? If not, sounds like the headphone jack is bad.

3. playm0de thread starter macrumors member

Apple Earbuds work fine plugged in. The E3C's are plugged all the way...this is getting really annoying and ruining my music!

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I have had 5 pairs of Shure's and love all of them, but i listen to a lot of music: 3 hours a day. The Shure's are great but they do short...My suggestion would be to put your iPod flat out on a desk like your notebook would be so that the Shure's wire are at the exact same angle and what not, chances are that it's the Shure's- headphones will short depending on the way the wire is usually.

Shure's are covered by a two year warranty and you can get them replaced by Shure if you bought them from a legit seller/authorized dealer like the Apple Store, chances are if you bought them from eBay, you probably are out of luck.