Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bombtrack

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
I am looking to upgrade my iPhone/iPod headphones and have zeroed in on these two models--mainly b/c they are at my maximum pricepoint (and I am not a huge fan of Bose products).

Can anyone with experience in these--especially if you have experience with both--give me some feedback? I mostly listen to Alt Metal (Tool, Chevelle, etc) but also listen to classical and less bass-heavy stuff. Also, if anyone has run with either of these, I'd be interested in how that went.

Thanks!

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
I can speak to the Shure 4Ec's and the B&O A8 if that helps. The 4Ec's have much fuller, richer and more dynamic sound, in part due to the fact that they mount in your ear.

For exercising, however, the A8's are really great. They don't come lose and they sound pretty good. I always use my A8's when bicycling.

I'd imagine that the Shure headphones that you are looking at will sound better. All depends what you are going to be doing when you wear them.

prostuff1

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2005
Don't step into the kawoosh...
I am looking to upgrade my iPhone/iPod headphones and have zeroed in on these two models--mainly b/c they are at my maximum pricepoint (and I am not a huge fan of Bose products).

Can anyone with experience in these--especially if you have experience with both--give me some feedback? I mostly listen to Alt Metal (Tool, Chevelle, etc) but also listen to classical and less bass-heavy stuff. Also, if anyone has run with either of these, I'd be interested in how that went.

Thanks!

I have the shure se310 and like them very much. I have not heard the B&O so i can't comment on them.

I suggest heading over to headfi and getting there opinion on things. They know there stuff over there. I would also read the ilounge review of the se210's so you can get a feeling of what they are like.

Shure's customer service has been great to me. They even replaced a set of se310's that the wire had cracked were it goes over the ear.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
The B&O's sadly are really best for and almost exclusively for workouts and moving around, although the Shure IEM's will stay in your ear better, the B&O's are definately more comfortable if you are going to be running/jogging as the Shure's can occasionally get annoying..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.