Shure SE315

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by in0va3, Nov 12, 2010.

1. in0va3 macrumors member

I've been searching for a good pair of earphones and have gone through the Shure SE315, Monster Turbine, Bose MIE2i. All 3 of them have a single driver but with prices of $200, $180 ($103 at Amazon), & $130 respectively. I'm waiting for Black Friday to see if the prices lowers so I'm buying them soon. :rolleyes:

The question is is the Shure SE315 worth the extra money since it's still a single driver earphone compared to the other 2 I listed or also the Shure SE425 or SE535 which are dual/triple drivers.

Part of the reason I'm putting up this thread is because I don't see much reviews of this earphone but I trust the Shure brand!

2. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I purchased the Shure SE315 over the holidays and love them. It took awhile getting use to the fit. But overall they sound great. I don't even have to turn the iPod all the way up to hear my mix. They are very well balanced. Lots of highs and mids. The bass comes in very thick but not overpowering the mix.

The quality of the SE315 are nice. I like that the cable is made out of Kevlar. Also, you get a ton of buds to pick from. The buds make these headphones very isolating. I was vacuuming and could not hear a sound. My music was coming in very clear without any outside noise.

:apple:

Overall SE315 are really nice. I did wonder how the SE425 compared since they had separate tweeters. Right now I don't miss not having that. The SE315 gives me just what I need. In fact, on occasions I've actually turned off the EQ and just listen to my music without any modifications.