Shure SE420/S530 vs. Klipsch Image Headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bombtrack, Jan 29, 2008.

1. bombtrack macrumors member

I asked a few days ago about Shure headphones and ended up buying the SE210s. They sound good--much better than the stock Apple headphones--but the bass is not terribly impressive. I may end up forking over the cash for the higher end ones and was wondering if anyone owns any of the new Klipsch line to compare. I don't see too many actual reviews of them, more like advertisements with a "100% best headphones ever" sort of message. If anyone has any intel, especially if you can compare them to the 2 top headphones by Shure ... I'd very much appreciate it.

2. sikuss macrumors member

sikuss

Have you checked around http://www.head-fi.org/ ? I'm almost positive you'd find what you're looking for over there!

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I agree.

I love my SE530's, the new Westones might give you the only other IEM competition. The Klipsch's fit and precision were not as great as the Shure's.

4. bombtrack thread starter macrumors member

I realize that should be the best place for reviews, but as I mentioned, I haven't seen anything unbiased and thought I'd have a better chance getting that here, especially considering I'd be plugging the headphones into my Iphone or other ipod instead of a $9000 receiver.

In any case, feel free to throw some more feedback my way if anyone has any. Thanks.