Shure Warranty?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by taylorwilsdon, Aug 13, 2008.

1. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

I know these are very marketed at Apple users (they sell 'em in Apple stores!) so I think some people here might have an experience to share.

My travel earbuds (Shure SE210) started losing sound in one ear when I was on vacation and got worse until you couldn't really hear out of one of them.

When I got home I followed the (very vague) instructions on Shure's site and sent the earbuds in (used USPS first class, $3 with signature confirmation and it was delivered overnight - sent the 12th, delivered the 13th!).

They were delivered this morning and I still haven't heard from Shure (this doesn't bother me, I'm not expecting instant service but I did request an email confirmation from them when the headphones arrived); so I'm wondering - what are your experiences with shure's warranty service?

I bought them just about a year ago (July 2007) and they have a 2 year warranty. I got the receipt reprinted by the Apple store because I got an email the first time around. I included the headphones (well packed), the receipt and the filled out warranty form.

Should I be expecting a pair of new/refurbished ones or a fix on my current ones; and how long does it usually take?

2. mariahlullaby macrumors 6502a

mariahlullaby

I have no idea about the warranty; I've been meaning to call Shure myself because I've had the exact same problem with mine :rolleyes:

Good luck, hopefully they're fast.

3. abhs macrumors newbie

New/Refurbs, soon. =)

4. shrtmkr macrumors regular

I sent my old shure's for service/replacement last year. They did not respond or sent me an email but It took 5-6 business days for them to send the new replacements with the new eartips.
    Great customer service.

5. taylorwilsdon thread starter macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Excellent, those two answers were just what I was looking for. I'll update this post when I hear anything from Shure (or receive fixed/new headphones)

6. taylorwilsdon thread starter macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Well, I'll just reiterate what everyone has already said...

Shure is awesome. They sent me a brand new (in retail box) pair via UPS 2 day. What a lovely bunch of gents.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yes that's why I've been buying Shure for the last 5 years.

However I am a little disappointed with the cables--after a while mine frayed and fell apart; they told it was widespread, but they fixed the issues and all the new ones don't have it, but my replacements also had the same issue. At least they have terrific warranties.

8. ricobilly20 macrumors newbie

my shure plastic cord is waring out

I have a sure, and the plastic wired has a crack, and now i can see the copper wire inside, it still work perfectly do you think this is included in the warranty.

9. gothamm macrumors 6502a

Absolutely, as long as it's still in warranty

10. sangosimo Guest

sangosimo

same . I had the problem with my e3's and got replacements really quickly

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I want to clear up that their warranty can take up to 2 weeks depending on how fast you ship it to them. It takes them about a week to get it back. I always ship it like 2-day, so it's fast getting to them.

The result is they send you a new one in shrink which is spectacular warranty service if you ask me!