Shut down problems and battery drain

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by domas69, Jul 10, 2014.

1. domas69 macrumors newbie

Hello, recently i come back to mavericks with internet recovery after yosemite crashed. I now i notice that bettery drians very fast. And it takes long to startup computer and shutdown. also in perferences i have strange option "EXTENSIONS". Also I got this errors-

Problem System Launch Daemons:
    [failed] com.apple.awdd.plist
    [failed] com.apple.coreduetd.osx.plist
    [failed] com.apple.iconservices.iconservicesagent.plist
    [failed] com.apple.nehelper.plist
    [failed] com.apple.thermald.plist
    [failed] com.apple.watchdogd.plist

Problem System Launch Agents:
    [failed] com.apple.AOSHeartbeat.plist
    [failed] com.apple.bird.plist
    [failed] com.apple.cloudpaird.plist
    [failed] com.apple.cloudphotosd.plist
    [failed] com.apple.icloud.fmfd.plist
    [failed] com.apple.iconservices.iconservicesagent.plist
    [failed] com.apple.telephonyutilities.callservicesd.plist
    [failed] com.apple.wifi.WiFiAgent.plist

[​IMG]

Any ideas? :apple:

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

It looks to me like you have some leftover Yosemite system files on there.

When you did Internet recovery did you use Disk Utility to erase the entire disk by selected the drive brand name at the top? That will wipe the whole drive and let you upstart fresh with Mavericks.

3. domas69 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, i didn't do that, because there was my pictures. I should do this now? and maybe you can explain step by step how to do it or give me a link. Thanks for help dude :rolleyes:

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

That explains it. Make a backup using Time Machine to an external disk. Then command-option-r boot to Internet recovery. After selecting your wifi you will see a spinning globe while the recovery utility downloads and starts.

Then you will see this screen.

[​IMG]

From there launch Disk Utility and go to the erase tab. Select the drive brand name at the very top in the left column (above Macintosh HD) and then erase the entire disk to Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format.

Now quit Disk Util and click reinstall OS X and wait for the ~5GB OS to DL and install. When it gets done go through the language selection and time zone setup then you will prompted if you want to import data. Tell it you do and point it to the Time Machine backup disk as the import source and check all the boxes to import everything.

Assuming your Mac came with Mavericks, this will get you back to Mavs with all your data.

5. domas69 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much!!!