Shutdown problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by armitage2, Dec 3, 2008.

1. armitage2 macrumors newbie

I cannot shutdown my iPhone : it keeps on rebooting , however if it is connected to a power source ( firewire or
    usb ) it does shutdown.
    How can I cure this , so that I can shutdown without being connected to a power source? Thanks

PS description:
    Configuration: Iphone 2g

History: iphone firmware 2.1
    :confused:

2. The Governor macrumors regular

I had this problem before on my 3g jailbroken 2.1

This worked for me, try a DFU restore, restore from a previous backed up version and reinstall

3. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Can you describe your problem with any more detail?

Are you holding the Sleep/Wake button until the "Slide to power off screen" appears, sliding to power off, and then the phone just comes back on automatically?

What are you doing in between? If you plug the phone in it while it is off it will automatically turn on. Is that what you are doing?

4. armitage2 thread starter macrumors newbie

More detail

More detail:
    If the phone is not connected to a power source and I slide to power off the phone shuts down and then immediately reboots. If I plug the phone in while it is off it remains off ( it does recharge however). If it is on/off while it is plugged in I can turn it off/on respectively. If it is on when it is unplugged I cannot turn it off (it reboots ) , however if it is off when it is unplugged I can turn it on. Thanks for the interest in my problem.:confused: