Shutdown Problems etc. with MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PharmD, May 8, 2007.

1. PharmD macrumors 6502

Hey Everyone,
    My refurbed MBP has been having problems recently. I will be going along doing my business and the screen glazes over in grey and I am given a message telling me I have to restart. Upon restart, I am told that OSX shut down and needed to restart once I get to the desktop. Here's a log of when it does this and what I'm doing when it happens.

04/30
    05/01 - 11:30 am
    05/02 - 10:45 am, 10:18 pm
    05/04 - 12:30 pm
    05/05 - Restarted when closed for sleep
    05/06 - Dock failed, iWeb couldn't find Spellchecker, trash wouldn't empty
    05/06 - 11:15 PM, opening Dashboard
    05/07 - 9:23 AM, watching stream vid
    05/07 - 10:58 PM -loaded "Get a Mac" ad
    05/08 8:50 AM - While transferring files to external HDD
    05/08 9:30 - Opening Safari

Additionally, some of my iLife apps are flipping out too. iWeb shuts down randomly whenever I try to scroll through the photos in the Inspector. iPhoto does the same thing when I scroll through photos. Safari will shut down at random three times in row and then grey screen.

I put Bootcamp on the HD right when I got it mid April. I recently added a Logitech VX revoluition mouse into the mix. Other than that I can't think of anything that has changed software wise. I'm taking it into the Apple store this afternoon but I thought I'd get your opinions first.

Thanks,
    Aaron

2. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Try repairing your disk. this will mean booting up off of the installer CD and going to disk utility in one of the menus and hit repair disk. Your hard drive might be getting messed up somehow..

Have you dropped it or bumped it hard recently?

3. PharmD thread starter macrumors 6502

That's a good idea. I'll try that. In terms of care, I've treated it like a newborn.