Shutting Down Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mozzalicious, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Mozzalicious macrumors member

Sorry if this is the wrong section, but I just got a Macbook Air and I love the fact that when I put it in sleep mode I can have it reopen all the windows just the way I left them ^^ But when I have the reopen windows option selected and shut down it usually reopens one or two of the windows i had open, but none of what I had up (like whatever tabs I had) and it opens other programs too I didn't have (I suspect that might be because I might have them set to start when I start-up). Is it possible for me to shut down and have all my windows with their current stuff reopen or no?

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

Normally, whenever I shut down I am asked about windows opening when the OS starts back up. I have not looked for or found a setting that is persistent. You can check login items from Users in System Preferences. Hitting minus will not remove them, it will only hide them. To remove them you have to delete them from the list of login items.

3. Mozzalicious thread starter macrumors member

Huh, for me it's always a checkable box when i hit the power button. I couldn't figure out how to delete one, but the only think was an itunes helper app; none of the programs that start up for me :/